How Do You Respond; Prepaid or Parinoid - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How Do You Respond; Prepaid or Parinoid

Prepared: Carrying a firearm, making sure your doors and windows are locked, phone is working, smoke and CO detectors have batteries, and fire extinguishers are charged.

Paranoid: Carrying more than 4 firearms and or more than 100 rounds at a time, installing a 10 feet high razor wire fence and safe room, and having your own industrial grade fire suppression equipment installed on site. :)

If you are prepared, you will be ok for most emergencies.
    If you are paranoid, you might or might not survive the inevitable zombie holocaust. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Gain View Post
    Prepared: Carrying a firearm, making sure your doors and windows are locked, phone is working, smoke and CO detectors have batteries, and fire extinguishers are charged.

Paranoid: Carrying more than 4 firearms and or more than 100 rounds at a time, installing a 10 feet high razor wire fence and safe room, and having your own industrial grade fire suppression equipment installed on site. :)

If you are prepared, you will be ok for most emergencies.
    If you are paranoid, you might or might not survive the inevitable zombie holocaust. :P
    Good response...but in your "paranoid" description I have one ...or two...of those "safe rooms" you mentioned. I thought everyone have a safe room or should have...within easy reach should SHTF. hmmmm...if you mentioned it here perhaps you do not have one? guessing...
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Ya gotta say yes very few know I carry and noone knows when ! But this one guy knows he is interested in getting a handgun but has put it of for yrs. (looking for a $2.oo special) .This guy also says I paranoid on almost every issue ! Well this guy is a rock hound on rainy days he go-es in to his basement and polishes his stones so to speak , some times I wonder witch stones he's polishing ! So I say to him my thing is gun so if I did what you say you do people would call me nuts !

People buy all kinds of insurance policies, depending on their needs. Owning and carrying a firearm is another form of insurance, plain and simple!

I use a prepaid, too, never could find a cell phone plan that I liked ;-)

I am with you, if somebody starts arguing with me I tell him that I have had 2 accidents since I started driving 20 years ago. Both took me by complete surprise. Did not see either one coming. But I had my seat belt on and my airbags did their job.

You don't get up thinking you will have an accident any more than you would think you will be attacked. You are either prepared when it happens unexpectedly or you're not, that's all there is to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker's Mom View Post
    Good response...but in your "paranoid" description I have one ...or two...of those "safe rooms" you mentioned. I thought everyone have a safe room or should have...within easy reach should SHTF. hmmmm...if you mentioned it here perhaps you do not have one? guessing...
    Tucks Mom, what is a safe room? and what makes it safe?
    Keep your paws off my Carrots and my guns
    My rules to live by Never trust a squirrel, never french kiss an ardvark and never bring Jumbo hotdogs to a nudist colony barbcue.

Quote Originally Posted by wild eyed willy View Post
    When my kids were young-errr, when we have a visitor or two who we do not favour much, they were sent to my media room (actually sound proof...). I have my computer system there where we can access the security camera. It is our main "safe" room where we can all hide...it is the main hub of our house should MY kitchen will not be available. The dog can bark his head off and no one will hear him from the outside. Safe enough but perhaps not bullet proof enough. Then we have the laundry in the first floor where the dryer and the washing machines (yes, plural...) are facing one another. They are metal. Bullet proof? Perhaps not, but safe enough if 4 people sit down between them. Down the basement is another room. I won't describe this one but let us just say it is lock-able from the inside but not from the outside.

Any room in the house that you can lock from the inside can be considered a safe room. It is where one can go to and be prepared to shoot it out or send a message out via the speakers should the need arises. Have a phone inside and security camera access. And of course the most important -- your gun/s.

If you can't reach your safe room soon enough, at least your kids can...just the way it is...I can and will protect me and mine but not before I am dead. When the BGs reach the safe room outside, they have another battle to go through with my kids. Safe? At least we tried. My kids are gun-savvy and well-equipped. I am just a beginner compared to them.

We tried to teach our rottie to hold a rifle but his paws are not good enough.He can say "I love you" though...
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

9. Quote Originally Posted by wild eyed willy View Post
    Sounds like a loaded question.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

It never comes up for discussion. I don't OC and don't talk about or reveal my personal "gun information" except when it comes up in political counter anti-gun efforts.

You see, I believe in the equal rights of others. If they DON'T want to exercise their rights under the 2nd ammendment, fine with me. Live and let live. I DO expect, however, reciprocal treatment from them. (Unfortunately all too many of them succomb to the "I know what's best for ALL of us" and then turn around and try to use the force of Law to impose their attitude on the rest of us.

That is NOT my idea of freedom. If I wanted to be subsurvient to the attitudes/rules/edicts of personal conduct of a pack of busybodies with illusions of grandure and self genious....... I'd sell myself into servitude.

Otherwise, they can "pound rock salt......"! (Get the impression that your basic Lib/Anti-gunner/Bleeding heart/Self styled Elitist somewhat ticks me off? Ya can bet your boots, Red Rider!)

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker's Mom View Post
    I was talking about the kind of safe room like in the movies - ie a hermetically sealed vault with a hidden door, supplies for a few days, electronic video and audio surveillance of the property, separate phone line from the main home line, etc etc.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast