You Knew The Conditions Of Employment When You Took The Job - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 74

Thread: You Knew The Conditions Of Employment When You Took The Job

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    OHIO
    Posts
    2,109
    What is unethical is an employer having the gall to even THINK they have the right to deny you the means to defend yourself.

  2.   
  3. Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    Ethical or not Sig said the most important part of the equation--you will be sued out of existence by the person or family of the person you shot AND your now - previous employer for violating their policy on gun carry. It seems like our society has totally become a "me" society irregardless of rules, agreements etal. You take a job and clearly know you cannot CC and you do so anyway? You are wrong, wrong, wrong and deserve to be prosecuted if not legally, certainly civilly. You can ask your questions like "will you give me life insurance if I cannot CC?" but that is about it.
    I agree. This ME society is part of what is causing the moral decline of our country. The law gives your employer the RIGHT to deny firearms on their premesis. If you dont like that law then there are legal ways to get it changed. I dont like it any more than anyone else but it is what it is. In fact, I work in a former firearms factory turned into an office building and I cant carry either. However ironic that is, I still dont carry at work.

    Here's another question to ponder while you respond to this thread. Would you CC if you didn't have a CCW? If you carry at work when it is wrong then why not CC without a permit?

  4. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Axeanda45 View Post
    What is unethical is an employer having the gall to even THINK they have the right to deny you the means to defend yourself.
    . An employer isn't denying your right to anything because you can quit...an employer is offering terms and every day you show up you are accepting the terms

  5. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    OHIO
    Posts
    2,109
    Quote Originally Posted by OpenCarryYes View Post
    I agree. This ME society is part of what is causing the moral decline of our country. The law gives your employer the RIGHT to deny firearms on their premesis. If you dont like that law then there are legal ways to get it changed.Ever hear of "Shall Not Be Infringed"? ANY law that goes against the Constitution/BOR is already an illegal/non-binding law, so why go about the "legal" way to fix it when "it" is illegal to begin with? I dont like it any more than anyone else but it is what it is. In fact, I work in a former firearms factory turned into an office building and I cant carry either. However ironic that is, I still dont carry at work.

    Here's another question to ponder while you respond to this thread. Would you CC if you didn't have a CCW? If you carry at work when it is wrong then why not CC without a permit?
    I wish I never would have gotten a CCW....... I wasnt very educated on firearms/Constitution/BOR when I got mine.... if I had it to do over, I would carry without any so-called "permit" to exercise my CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS, because I (anyone) do not need one to be "legal".......

  6. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    OHIO
    Posts
    2,109
    Quote Originally Posted by scottbland247 View Post
    . An employer isn't denying your right to anything because you can quit...an employer is offering terms and every day you show up you are accepting the terms

    Just the fact that I exist on this earth gives me the Right to defend myself with whatever i choose to do it with, wherever I happen to be (with VERY FEW EXCEPTIONS, incarceration being one).... To deny me employment because I am doing something that all living creatures have the right to do is IN FACT DENYING ME OF MY RIGHTS, it does not matter if the "law" says differently...

    Why are many here so happy to defend all these infringements? I just dont get it... those on a GUN FORUM should know better.....

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Axeanda45 View Post
    I wish I never would have gotten a CCW....... I wasnt very educated on firearms/Constitution/BOR when I got mine.... if I had it to do over, I would carry without any so-called "permit" to exercise my CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS, because I (anyone) do not need one to be "legal".......
    Yes, in a perfect world where everyone abided by the constitution your answer would be 100% correct. However, we (the collective WE in this case) have allowed our gov't to infringe on those rights over a very long period of time. What we have left, in this nation of laws, is the laws that we have allowed to be passed. What that means to most of us is that unless we want to go to jail and spend 10s of 1000s of $$ fighting it, we abide by the laws and protest so that our newly elected officials will see the mistakes of the past and help to right them. The OP was a question on the ethics of CC when your employer says no.

    I fully understand the "Shall not be infringed upon" statement in the constition so please chill a bit. We have legal ways of getting our gov't back to being by the people and for the people. And yes, most of the people on this forum know better. So dont make us out to be unknowing and uncaring. For the most part, we are law abiding citizens and if the workplace rules dont fit CC and we cant change them, then we'll probably find a new job

  8. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Colorado Rocky Mountain High
    Posts
    3,900
    An employer is not infringing upon your rights if he makes complying w/ his no carry rules a condition of employment; He is stating the conditions under which he will hire you and giving you the option of accepting those conditions or seeking employment elsewhere.

    I don't carry at work.

    That said, my employer states that having a weapon in your POV is against company policy and non compliance is punishable by termination. I ignore that rule because I consider my car to be my property. I lock my gun inside my car safe as soon as I park and I get it out when I leave for the day. I never take my gun inside my employer’s building
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

  9. #18
    I agree with Axeandra45 -- I wish I'd never got a CHL, and won't renew it when it expires. I'm a senior citizen, just got my CHL 2 years ago, but have carried 24/7 for over 40 years and never a problem, cause I do my dead level best to stay out of any kind of trouble. However, I've always been armed for my wife's and my protection. Right, wrong, or otherwise, that's been my choice and am completely willing to accept any consequences of any of my decisions.

  10. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    OHIO
    Posts
    2,109
    Quote Originally Posted by OpenCarryYes View Post
    Yes, in a perfect world where everyone abided by the constitution your answer would be 100% correct. However, we (the collective WE in this case) have allowed our gov't to infringe on those rights over a very long period of time. What we have left, in this nation of laws, is the laws that we have allowed to be passed. What that means to most of us is that unless we want to go to jail and spend 10s of 1000s of $$ fighting it, we abide by the laws and protest so that our newly elected officials will see the mistakes of the past and help to right them. The OP was a question on the ethics of CC when your employer says no.

    I fully understand the "Shall not be infringed upon" statement in the constition so please chill a bit. We have legal ways of getting our gov't back to being by the people and for the people. And yes, most of the people on this forum know better. So dont make us out to be unknowing and uncaring. For the most part, we are law abiding citizens and if the workplace rules dont fit CC and we cant change them, then we'll probably find a new job

    First... I do NOT have a "chill" setting.... deal with it... *****-footing around the issues is what (partially) has gotten us here (present day/situation) to begin with..


    You say here that we are a nation of laws... I put forth the argument that we WERE a nation of laws, but not any more.. The Federal (and most states in one way or another) have PROVEN that the "law" only applies to THEM when it benefits THEM.... If the "law" no longer applies to them, why in the hell does it still apply to us???????

    I am NOT advocating Anarchy or Lawlessness, rather, I am advocating following the real "laws" this country was founded upon, (which includes the morality/values of the Christian type). If I follow the true law (shall not be infringed, 2nd Amendment), and carry a weapon into say, for example a county or city building where it is "unlawful" in that city/county/state, have I actually broken a "real law"? I submit that, no, I have NOT BROKEN ANY VALID, Constitutional laws. Yet, nearly all on this and other "gun" forums would condemn me for "breaking the law".

    Many on here say/state/claim they are "law abiding citizens", in my opinion, most are still just sheep that have barely begun to wake up, and still know nearly NOTHING about how free we actually are according to the Constitution BEFORE it got ignored/infringed/contaminated by lawmakers.

    Trying to argue that we should "work within the system" to make things better is mostly a pipe dream. I do concede that some headway has been made in recent yrs, but the headway has been overcome/passed (in the WRONG direction) by even further infringements.

    Grow a pair, and STOP playing by THEIR rules........ They arent........

  11. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Axeanda45 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by scottbland247 View Post
    . An employer isn't denying your right to anything because you can quit...an employer is offering terms and every day you show up you are accepting the terms

    Just the fact that I exist on this earth gives me the Right to defend myself with whatever i choose to do it with, wherever I happen to be (with VERY FEW EXCEPTIONS, incarceration being one).... To deny me employment because I am doing something that all living creatures have the right to do is IN FACT DENYING ME OF MY RIGHTS, it does not matter if the "law" says differently...

    Why are many here so happy to defend all these infringements? I just dont get it... those on a GUN FORUM should know better.....
    if I am paying you I can set the requirements I want (clothing, language, demeanor, production speed etc) if you choose not to accept my requirements I don't let you keep the job.....there is no infringement on you at all, your employment is at will and continues upon both parties continuing to voluntarily accept the terms of the other party

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast