You Knew The Conditions Of Employment When You Took The Job - Page 4
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 74

Thread: You Knew The Conditions Of Employment When You Took The Job

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    OHIO
    Posts
    2,109
    Quote Originally Posted by OpenCarryYes View Post
    You seem to be missing something outside of the ME environment that you are living in. The employer has the RIGHT to do what he feels will keep him and his employees safe at HIS place of business according to the constitution. Just because he thinks differently than you doesn't make him wrong. For you to ASSUME that your rights trump his is a bit arrogant and YES, he is being lawful. Our rights for anything stop when it infringes on someone else's rights.

    Well, I have to say you are consistent.... consistently wrong, but consistent......

    Have you aver heard of a thing called the 2nd Amendment? Really? it doesnt show.......

    I have seen the 2nd Amendment myself when I looked/researched..... but I have NEVER SEEN ANYTHING like what you wrote as being a "Right" in the Constitution.... Please, Please, Please, show all of us on here WHERE the Constitution states that an "employer" can make any rules he wants..........

    We are waiting.......


    BTW, your argument about others rights being violated by me being armed is hilarious.....

  2.   
  3. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Axeanda45 View Post
    Well, I have to say you are consistent.... consistently wrong, but consistent......
    A stopped watch is consistent, and even right twice a day. But that doesn't make its information useful.

  4. #33
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Colorado Rocky Mountain High
    Posts
    3,900
    Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    She always struck me as the Wyoming type. (First state to allow women's sufferage and now also a constitutional carry state for residents.)
    Wyoming was also the first state to elect a woman (Esther Hobart Morris 1870) to public office
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

  5. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Axeanda45 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OpenCarryYes View Post
    You seem to be missing something outside of the ME environment that you are living in. The employer has the RIGHT to do what he feels will keep him and his employees safe at HIS place of business according to the constitution. Just because he thinks differently than you doesn't make him wrong. For you to ASSUME that your rights trump his is a bit arrogant and YES, he is being lawful. Our rights for anything stop when it infringes on someone else's rights.

    Well, I have to say you are consistent.... consistently wrong, but consistent......

    Have you aver heard of a thing called the 2nd Amendment? Really? it doesnt show.......

    I have seen the 2nd Amendment myself when I looked/researched..... but I have NEVER SEEN ANYTHING like what you wrote as being a "Right" in the Constitution.... Please, Please, Please, show all of us on here WHERE the Constitution states that an "employer" can make any rules he wants..........

    We are waiting.......


    BTW, your argument about others rights being violated by me being armed is hilarious.....
    the constitution primarily addresses the limits of the government and does very little in the realm of personal interactions

  6. #35
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    An Alternate Reality, I Assure You...
    Posts
    5,115
    Ethical? Who gives a sh!t? I'd carry anyway. I'd rather be alive and get fired, than be dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Axeanda45 View Post
    Well, I have to say you are consistent.... consistently wrong, but consistent......

    Have you aver heard of a thing called the 2nd Amendment? Really? it doesnt show.......

    I have seen the 2nd Amendment myself when I looked/researched..... but I have NEVER SEEN ANYTHING like what you wrote as being a "Right" in the Constitution.... Please, Please, Please, show all of us on here WHERE the Constitution states that an "employer" can make any rules he wants..........

    We are waiting.......


    BTW, your argument about others rights being violated by me being armed is hilarious.....
    Look, I'm all for being able to carry anywhere and everywhere. BUT, since I have the right to keep and bear arms, I assume my neighbor has the right NOT to keep and bear arms. If that is so, then he can prevent me from bringing my arms into his house. As stated on other parts of this site, The Supreme Court has ruled that, if you are a business owner, then your place of business is basically an extension of your home and you would be allowed to carry there. And that would imply also, to prevent the carrying there. If thats not true, then please enlighten me.

    I never sasid that the constitution said an employer can make any rules he wants. What I said was, he has the right to do what he feels will keep him safe. There is a big difference. And by the way, the 2nd Amendment doesn't give you the right to keep and bear arms for personal protection. It's for the security of a free state. Personal protection is implied.

    In your rebuttal to my comments you said basically nothing except that I'm wrong. My challenge for you is to tell me where my employer does not have the right to do those things he feels necessary to keep himself safe. Feel free to quote any Supreme Court ruliing or any other lower court rulinig if necessary. If you can, then I submit that I am wrong. But, you can't use the "will not be infringed" argument because you will need to show his lack of rights to protect himself, not your rights per 2nd amendment.

    Sorry to keep you waiting. Isn't this fun...

  8. #37
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    OHIO
    Posts
    2,109
    Quote Originally Posted by OpenCarryYes View Post
    As stated on other parts of this site, Where please? The Supreme Court has ruled that, if you are a business owner, then your place of business is basically an extension of your home and you would be allowed to carry there. And that would imply also, to prevent the carrying there. If thats not true, then please enlighten me. Irrelevant, Shall not be infringed means I can carry EVERYWHERE, AND NO LAWS MAY BE MADE ABOUT IT, PERIOD. As far as carrying on someones PRIVATE property, it is their rules you need to abide by, or leave.

    I never sasid that the constitution said an employer can make any rules he wants. What I said was, he has the right to do what he feels will keep him safe. Still incorrect, feelings are NOT protected by the Constitution. There is a big difference. And by the way, the 2nd Amendment doesn't give you the right to keep and bear arms for personal protection. It's for the security of a free state. Personal protection is implied. BZZZZT!!!! Wrong again... the 2nd Amendment doesnt GIVE you/me ANYTHING....it PREVENTS (well it was supposed to anyway) the Gov't from INFRINGING on the right to keep and bear arms.

    In your rebuttal to my comments you said basically nothing except that I'm wrong. Well, YOU ARE, lol My challenge for you is to tell me where my employer does not have the right to do those things he feels necessary to keep himself safe. How in the hell is he NOT safe/more unsafe with me being armed there? Feel free to quote any Supreme Court ruliing or any other lower court rulinig if necessary. If you can, then I submit that I am wrong. But, you can't use the "will not be infringed" argument because you will need to show his lack of rights to protect himself, Very funny! Wrong, but funny... not your rights per 2nd amendment.

    I asked first, dont think you can get away with not giving proof by asking me for it after I asked you.

    Sorry to keep you waiting. Isn't this fun...
    You really need to come up with MUCH better arguments dude......

  9. My desire to stay alive is important to me. More so that a job delivering pizza would be. The only time I would not carry in a job that banned firearms would be because doing so would be against the law. In my current job I am sometimes required to carry and other times I am not allowed to carry. Pizza delivery is a pretty dangerous job in certain areas and if that was the only job I could possibly get then I would carry anyway and risk being fired, or sued. Beats being dead.

  10. #39
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    SE Florida
    Posts
    1,880
    It's absolutely unethical to take a job knowing that you'll be violating a major company policy.

    If carrying is that important to you then you need to take on another line of work. Ultimately you're probably going to get fired which means you've wasted the company's time (who were nice enough to hire you in the first place), you have prevented somebody else from getting that job, and you've wasted your own time as well.

    I may not agree with a no-carry policy in most cases but I respect a company's right to institute one. In the case of somebody delivering pizza, I'm sure it's a liability issue. God forbid a driver shoots somebody under questionable circumstances.....the civil suits against the company will coming like an avalanche. Fortunately my employer allows any employees with CCWs to carry at work.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

  11. #40
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Colorado Rocky Mountain High
    Posts
    3,900
    To be clear I only used pizza delivery as an example. It could be any job. I once worked in a pain managment practice where I was encouraged to carry a gun at work, I had enough common sense to know that if I every used my gun to defend the Dr.'s drugs I'd be unemployed before the shell casing hit the floor
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast