You Knew The Conditions Of Employment When You Took The Job - Page 6
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: You Knew The Conditions Of Employment When You Took The Job

Of course it is unethical to accept employment while intending to break the rules. It is lying to say "I accept the conditions of employment", when in your heart, you really do not.
    However, to me, some things are "more unethical" than lying. Refusing to pay your own way thru life is unethical. If you need the job bad enough, I think you must lie.
    Unethical to carry after getting the job? Yes, but is refusing to protect yourself unethical?

Kelcarry, I said they prob wouldnt be found liable (lawyer could easily get them off), not that they wouldnt be taken to court (sued)....

Treo, I was answering a specific statement that Kelcarry made.

There are many company rules that many people object to. If you do not like the rules that are stated in the company's policy manual you have the option of either obeying them, quitting or getting gired if caught. The question about "waking up" or even them changing the rules after employment is a moot point as it happens. Carrying a gun while on the clock is just one of many and there is nothing special or outstanding about it. One company that I worked for decided that we had to wear seat belts while riding in cars or trucks. This was a change after many years of employment on my part. I had the choice of obeying it or changing jobs. New safety rules were added or changed quite often, many I did not like. Later on they changed the rules on dress code requiring uniforms or coats and ties. I didn't like that one at all. Where I work right now if you are killed in a car wreck and not wearing a seat belt the insurance will not pay off.

If a person cannot be trusted to obey the rules about carrying a gun at work then they cannot be trusted to obey the other rules. If you take a job knowing the rules and plan not to obey them before you even start then you are not much of an employee and need to look for work elsewhere.

Hey Axe45: No disrespect intended. Peace fellow forum member and God Bless.
    I am retired so this is a hypothetical answer, but right now, as I write this, I would probably have someone fired who violated gun control rules in my workplace. Violation of such a rule, as much as I understand the reasons, scares me and has no place next to me and yes---the "what if" can be argued and makes perfect sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Axeanda45 View Post
    I wish I never would have gotten a CCW....... I wasnt very educated on firearms/Constitution/BOR when I got mine.... if I had it to do over, I would carry without any so-called "permit" to exercise my CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS, because I (anyone) do not need one to be "legal".......
    ...and you could revel in righteousness along with your cell mate. Get real, man.

Quote Originally Posted by JimPage View Post
    ...and you could revel in righteousness along with your cell mate. Get real, man.
    Quite so. While I agree with him ON PRINCIPAL there's no doubt that each and every court will uphold a state's right to require a permit ... it's been settled. No point in ruining your life fighting it.

Quote Originally Posted by jg1967:209625
    Quote Originally Posted by JimPage View Post
    Quite so. While I agree with him ON PRINCIPAL there's no doubt that each and every court will uphold a state's right to require a permit ... it's been settled. No point in ruining your life fighting it.
    Where has WHAT been "settled "?

9. Quote Originally Posted by Axeanda45 View Post
    Where has WHAT been "settled "?
    Our liberal, rights hating courts, have decided that forcing subjects to get a permit is ok.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyorDeath View Post
    Our liberal, rights hating courts, have decided that forcing subjects to get a permit is ok.
    Actually the tide is starting to turn on that 4 states require no permit to carry concealed at all and several more have advance similiar legislation in their statehouses
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyorDeath View Post
    That about nails it. The Supreme Court has a history of upholding State rights to regulate firearms. So if anybody thinks he will have much success with packing without permit in a state that has a permit requirement I do not think he will have much luck or get that cleared in court.

If said state decides to do away with a permit requirement that is a different story.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast