Why I "worry" about safety. - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why I "worry" about safety.

Sorry for the family, had he practiced even the most basic safety he would be alive today, on moment of not thinking safety leads to a livetime of heartache.

3. A moment of carelessness can lead to a lifetime of pain, it's sad that someone had to be an example of this. Guns are not toys and the only real safety is your finger off the trigger.

This brings to mind the story about the executive in a high-rise office building. The outer wall was made of glass and supposed to be unbreakable. To prove it wouldn't break, he took a hard run and hit the wall. The glass DID break and he fell several floors to his death. Some people are prone to lapses in judgement and get hurt, others get killed. Here's Your Sign. In all seriousness, I do feel sorry for his familyl

Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    This does not apply to safety fanatics
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Every firearm is loaded, when showing your firearm to a friend remove the mag clear the chamber and then remember the firearm is always loaded. Finger outside the trigger guard, I have seen many accidents on the range and in class on the range shooter sliding firearm into holster with finger on trigger shooting themselves in the leg. Safety should be an automatic action, when it becomes a reaction, it is too late.

Practice, practice, practice, involves Safety, Safety, Safety
    The Second Amendment is not about Hunting!!
    When the Government is afraid of of it's People, This LIBERTY
    When the People are afraid of the government, That is TYRANNY

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    This does not apply to safety fanatics
    Comes under the observation that there is an exception to EVERY "rule"! LOL!

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

It is always the "unloaded" and "safe" guns that create situations like this.

Violate the rules...pay the price.

9. I feel for the family and friends of the individual involved. However, I have taught many people to shoot, and one thing I pound into their heads is that you never trust mechanical safeties, as they can fail, just like any other mechanical device. The most important safety is the one that God gave you, and rests between your ears.
    Last edited by wuzfuz; 06-29-2011 at 04:48 PM. Reason: typos
    A man without a gun is a subject; a man with a gun is a citizen.
    I'll keep my freedom, my guns and my money. You can keep THE CHANGE.
    An armed society is a polite society.

Quote Originally Posted by localgirl View Post
    EVERY gun is ALWAYS loaded ALL the time. Repeated to me ad infinitum since I was about four years old.
    Did you know my Grandpa? If you only knew how many times I heard that from him!

Psalm 82:3-5

Quote Originally Posted by wuzfuz View Post
    The most important safety is the one that God gave you, and rests between your ears.
    Yep, just plain stupidity.
    ~ Truth Is Hate To Those Who Hate The Truth ~

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast