NC expands Castle Doctrine, make other "gun friendly" changes. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NC expands Castle Doctrine, make other "gun friendly" changes.

That should not have happened. Even under the 90-day rule, sherriff's departments had a mandate to process applications and either issue or deny a permit within 90 days. And NC is of course, a "shall issue" state, so unless there were background issues that would disqualify you, the sherriff is required to issue a permit.

Who polices the police? As for having 90 days to issue or deny; I applied for the permit on May 29, 2007. David Huffman NEVER gave me a letter of Denial for the Concealed Carry Permit. On the advice of a lawyer I wrote him a letter requesting him to issue or deny the permit. He ignored the letter. I applied for a handgun purchase permit and on November 16, 2010 I got a letter of denial for a Handgun Purchase Permit, but to this day my concealed carry permit has not been issued nor denied. As for the law that requires the sheriff to issue or deny within 90 days, here in Catawba County under David Huffman it was a Joke!

Quote Originally Posted by TooCalm View Post

Who polices the police? As for having 90 days to issue or deny; I applied for the permit on May 29, 2007. David Huffman NEVER gave me a letter of Denial for the Concealed Carry Permit. On the advice of a lawyer I wrote him a letter requesting him to issue or deny the permit. He ignored the letter. I applied for a handgun purchase permit and on November 16, 2010 I got a letter of denial for a Handgun Purchase Permit, but to this day my concealed carry permit has not been issued nor denied. As for the law that requires the sheriff to issue or deny within 90 days, here in Catawba County under David Huffman it was a Joke!
    The state Attorey General, Roy Cooper in this instance. Based on the information you have posted, I would certainly contact the Attorney General's office and seek an answer as to why your local sherriff has not complied with the 90 day time frame.

Roy Cooper, If he didn't care the first time I contacted him why should he care now. I use to think that there was such a thing as Due process of the law before the state could deny or deprive a citizen of their life, liberty, or property. I was wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by jg1967 View Post
    How could you possibly "intrude" a place without being violent? Talk the door into opening? Sheesh, the things we have to worry about just trying to protect ourselves.
    That always bothered me. Particularly when some DA would try to make you into the Bad Guy for defending your domicile.

My thoughts on the matter are thus: This/These characters are making or trying to force entry into my home when they know damn well that I/we are at home. (Cursory examination would settle that.) Thus, my contention is, they have no fear of my presence. (As against your basic burgler who will only strike when no one is home.) It can be surmised, from the "no fear" attitude, then, that he/they are fully prepared to subdue ANY protest the homeowner makes to their unwanted entry. THAT, in and of itself, makes them a danger to my personal safety.

Open season! (Sorry, but when it comes to "home invasion" scenarios, my wife and I have one priority, stay safe and alive. That means "Counting Coup" on as many intruders as present themselves as targets. End of discussion!)

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

Roy Cooper, If he didn't care the first time I contacted him why should he care now. I use to think that there was such a thing as Due process of the law before the state could deny or deprive a citizen of their life, liberty, or property. I was wrong!
    Due process is only fully realized by those who have the money, political "pull" or sympathy of the Press behind them. All others generally end up on the short end of the stick.

Can you imagine trying to make a "big deal" in the average Liberal run of the mill press about NOT being treated fairly under the Law trying to get a concealed carry permit? You might as well stack nickles with your nose.

On the other hand, this is the type of LAWMAN you work off the skyline to try to "depose" from his throne. (The satisfaction from that type of "win" is even better!)

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

Did you get to be the "Flavour of the Month" or something? Have you heard of anyone else who suffered the same fate as you did? Hmmm...interesting...
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker's Mom View Post
    Did you get to be the "Flavour of the Month" or something? Have you heard of anyone else who suffered the same fate as you did? Hmmm...interesting...
    Judging by the colour of your posts, I am guessing that you are a Brit.

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    Judging by the colour of your posts, I am guessing that you are a Brit.
    G'day...
    We are under the Brits -- I am a fair dinkum Aussie. Sometimes I can't help my spelling and the way I talk 'strine...have to slow down sometimes to find the American equivalent of terminologies lurking in my coconut.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker's Mom View Post
    G'day...
    We are under the Brits -- I am a fair dinkum Aussie. Sometimes I can't help my spelling and the way I talk 'strine...have to slow down sometimes to find the American equivalent of terminologies lurking in my coconut.
    It's not a behavour you need to apologize for.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12