wadcutter ammo???
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wadcutter ammo???

1. wadcutter ammo???

Anyone ever used this kind of ammo

I picked up 50 rounds for $15 for my 45 semi auto bersa.

Hoping its not going to blow up my gun.

Semi wad cutter ammo is for range shooting. I used it in my colt 1911 when I use to shoot ipsic. It is not a good sd ammo.

4. Just using it for target practice. I use hydra shok for self defense carry.

5. It's good ammo just be sure to clean the barrel really good after about 200 rounds being it is a straight lead bullet it can coat the inside of the barrel

6. I will thanks. I'm pretty anal about keeping my guns clean. Just couldn't pass up the cheap cost of the ammo. $0.30 round is nice in 45 acp

I bought two boxes of CCI BLAZER 230 GR FMJ for $3.00 a box, $.06 a round, from a friend that works at a pawn shop. Im just using it for target practice, its not reloadable.

8. Where did you by it? Locally or online?
    It does make good range ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by smudley View Post
    Where did you by it? Locally or online?
    It does make good range ammo.
    I bought it locally from a friend of mine that works at a pawn shop, he only had two boxes. I wish he would have had some more bacause i would have bought more.

How is a Wadcutter different than other ammo? I was looking to pick some up due to cost for my 38.

11. shape

It is the shape of the projectile. Wikipedia has a good series of photos if you search wadcutter. I know some older cops who used to carry it on duty back in the fmj only days. Other than that it is a good choice for the range as it is normally dirt cheap. I use it for paper assassination in my 38.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast