Anti gunner question? - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Anti gunner question?

1. Exactly the point.

Quote Originally Posted by fyrbug44 View Post
    What type of retort do any of you use against an anti gunner when the subject comes up "why do you need an assault rifle, they should be for the military only"?
    When someone makes this asinine statement, I simply remind them that the musket or the Kentucky Long Rifle was, in it's day, the military weapon of the time, in short the assault rifle of it's day. The American public has not been educated to the fact that the final trigger event (no pun intended) for the 'Shot Heard Round the World' was the march by 800 soldiers on Concord to seize a cache of arms and powder the day before the shot was fired. The arms had been moved by the colonists. The purpose of the Second Amendment was to prevent another tyrannical government from abrogating any of the Bill of Rights amendments. And that takes more than people with so-called sporting guns. A member of Congress showed his colleagues two guns, one was walnut and blued steel and the other was a 'black' gun with collapsable stock etc. They were both Ruger 10-22's.
    A man without a gun is a subject; a man with a gun is a citizen.
    I'll keep my freedom, my guns and my money. You can keep THE CHANGE.
    An armed society is a polite society.

Thank you to all those that responded in an educated manner I also use alot of the same material to help educate my friends, family, and coworkers. Not that I need any reason what so ever to protect my family, it is nice to know there are others out there that are on the same page with me. My responses are usually tailored to the person ranging from "because I can", to an in depth conversation regarding our history including 2A. I tend to use analogies alot which helps people understand where I am coming from. I was under the impression this was a "forum" where you could discuss and bounce ideas and problems off of like minded individuals, I guess there are always a few in the mix that are not "like minded". Thanks again to all that posted and understood where I was coming from. Looking forward to more posts.

I always "like" being told the likelihood of needing my gun is low, so why carry. I usually respond with "can't exactly plan on when I'm gonna need it and if I could I'd just avoid the location where I needed it". I also respond to this kind of comment with - "Why do you vote? The odds of having your vote affect the outcome of an election are so low why do you bother? Is it because you're exercising you're constitutional right and if you don't exercise it you risk losing it? - Yup there you go"

The difference between an anti-gunner and pro-gunner is "ONE GOOD RAPE."

I gave up trying to convince these types long ago. Bad experiences are the best teachers.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by marcparis View Post
    I always "like" being told the likelihood of needing my gun is low, so why carry. I usually respond with "can't exactly plan on when I'm gonna need it and if I could I'd just avoid the location where I needed it". I also respond to this kind of comment with - "Why do you vote? The odds of having your vote affect the outcome of an election are so low why do you bother? Is it because you're exercising you're constitutional right and if you don't exercise it you risk losing it? - Yup there you go"
    Explain that the likelyhood of dying today is extremely low. Yet they carry life insurance. Leave nothing to chance, right?
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    Explain that the likelyhood of dying today is extremely low. Yet they carry life insurance. Leave nothing to chance, right?
    Yup same reason that the likelyhood of being in a car crash today is low but you still wear your seatbelt, or your house catching on fire but you still have homeowners insurance etc, etc.

Why go down to their level and argue? If they ask that question and don't know the answer themselves, I am not going to be the id10t that is going to explain it to them...I got better things to do...sorry.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

How about the easy one - because I want to...... That should be enough. Funny nobody questions a golf club or a bowling ball and those can be used as weapons too.
    NRA Certified Instructor, Vietnam Veteran
    XD 9 MM, XD 40, 9 MM SC, 9 MM Tactical, XDM 5.25 Custom Canyon Creek 9 mm, XDM 9MM, XDM 40 Canyon Creek XDM Limited, CZ 75B, Ruger MIII, Buckmark, Beretta Neos, CX4 Storm

Why does anybody need anything? You don't need an assault rilfe any more than you need a sports car. They are legal, they can be dangerous when used by idiots and they cost money.

Quote Originally Posted by fyrbug44 View Post
    What type of retort do any of you use against an anti gunner when the subject comes up "why do you need an assault rifle, they should be for the military only"?
    Until he starts feeding me and paying my rent, he gets NO say in what I "need".

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast