Oklahoma pharmacist sentenced to life - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Oklahoma pharmacist sentenced to life

I feel for this guys family especially if he has children. As others have stated, Once the threat is stopped, its over, Continuing to shoot is wrong.But for whatever reason he deceided to continue shooting, only he will know.I hope it gets appieled and he gets a lesser sentience.

Hey trophyhunter: My questions to you are "why?". Appealed for what reason? Even if it is appealed, what is a fair sentence for essentially murdering someone? This was first degree manslaughter if ever I heard it and it is worth at least 30 years--is that fair? Parole? Methinks that "less fortunate" individuals who do not even thinking about killing someone but manage to do so in some fit of rage etal sit in jail for equivalent time--"do the crime, do the time".

4. Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    Hey trophyhunter: My questions to you are "why?". Appealed for what reason? Even if it is appealed, what is a fair sentence for essentially murdering someone? This was first degree manslaughter if ever I heard it and it is worth at least 30 years--is that fair? Parole? Methinks that "less fortunate" individuals who do not even thinking about killing someone but manage to do so in some fit of rage etal sit in jail for equivalent time--"do the crime, do the time".
    Kel, the term "less fortunate" is a liberal term, but I see your point. Like I said, in this case he was in survival mode. At this point I think a pardon would be his only hope.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

Quote Originally Posted by wooddoctor View Post
    No one can imagine the kind of adrenaline that must have went threw his body at the time these thugs stuck a cannon in his face. Shots were fired and he was in survival mode. It was three against one, what makes us so righteous after the fact to judge his actions when he was defending himself and others.
    So I guess by that logic, who of us can rightly judge Rodney King for running from the cops and getting into a fight with them. You can't imagine what kind of adrenaline was running through his body, it was four or more against one, and he had been tazed and sprayed with mace. He was in survival mode. Can't we all just get along?

6. Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    So I guess by that logic, who of us can rightly judge Rodney King for running from the cops and getting into a fight with them. You can't imagine what kind of adrenaline was running through his body, it was four or more against one, and he had been tazed and sprayed with mace. He was in survival mode. Can't we all just get along?
    First of all I see is no logical reason to draw a parallel between the two stories. Rodney King simply acted stupidly and should have obeyed the laws and not resist arrest, his partners in crime did not resist and no incident. It looks like he just tripped and fell on his face.

Cops watched King, 46, commit "several traffic violations" while behind the wheel of a 1994 Mitsubishi before pulling him over on Tuesday afternoon, Moreno Valley, Calif., police said.
    King was arrested and booked on suspicion of driving under the influence.
    Cops said it wasn't clear whether King was drunk or high on drugs.

I guess he is just not teachable.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

Basically, his mistake was THAT IT WAS ON HIS OWN SECURITY CAMERA, for crying out loud. If you're gonna "take out the trash" (and I have no problem with it), uh...try not to record yourelf doing it.

That said, the evidence seems clear that he went way beyond "stopping the threat". Life sentence? I wouldn't have agreed to it.
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    Basically, his mistake was THAT IT WAS ON HIS OWN SECURITY CAMERA, for crying out loud. If you're gonna "take out the trash" (and I have no problem with it), uh...try not to record yourelf doing it.
    Especially if you are going to lie to the cops and fake evidence.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234