Oklahoma pharmacist sentenced to life
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Oklahoma pharmacist sentenced to life

Oklahoma pharmacist sentenced to life

I can see where he was convicted. He shot the guy 5 more times.... Maybe once more, but not 5.

He did the right thing defending himself and others in the store! But, then went overboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

The sentence is way out of proportion. The pharmacist was still s**tting himself in "fight or flight" mode. And maybe the downed robber wasn't completely unconscious and made a noise or movement not captured by the camera.

If ever there were mitigating circumstances...that could be argued here. I hope this guy gets a pardon or gets the verdict set aside and reduced to a misdemeanor or SOMETHING.
    S&W M&P 45; Ruger GP100 .357 Magnum; Charter Arms .38 Undercover
    http://www.usacarry.com/forums/members/phillip-gain-albums-phil-s-photos-picture3828-reciprocity-map-29jun11.JPG

5. The guy did wrong but murder one and life is excessive and should be appealed. That said, this guy should not be a poster child for an armed citizen completely unfairly persecuted. Best the self defense community not celebrate him.

6. I think this is the story ...If I remember it right where he shot the guy...returned to the store and got another gun and went back to shoot more after the guy was down???? Once the threat is no longer a threat as far as NC concealed carry laws are. (and I realize that wasn't NC)..you can't keep shooting, and to go back into the store and get another gun, if that is what he did and I am remembering the right story...and go back and shoot him 5 more times...under law...you can't do that. I guess it goes back to understand the laws, and train, train, and train again so you don't go beyond your rights to use deadly force...and most of all for Concealed Carry holders...you better understand the laws of using deadly force... It would be interesting to know if he was trained as a Carry Permit holder...or just a guy who bought guns to protect himself.

Very bad decisions made him go from hero to zero rather quickly.

Starting off by lying to the police, inventing a phony war record, and telling a tale contrary to the recorded video sealed his fate.

-Doc

Hard one to make a statement on but I will say this. The whole act was initiated by whom? NONE of this altercation would have happened had the attempt to rob not been started in motion by the BG. NOTICE: No air play by any of the LeftStream Media (That I've heard of) not even FOX as a side story. Was the Pharmacist abused as a child, was he beaten down years ago the he feared a repeat of events? Did he harbor resentment against society? ALL Liberal trash but apparently not the proper cause for them to speculate about in this case.
    I see that over 17,000 signatures have been collected to send to the Governor. Hopefully, Gov Fallin will commute and or pardon. This wouldn't have been a story 50 years ago. IMHO, justice was served in the pharmacy. Jus saying.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

I would also add that if this type of justice was meted out more. We wouldn't have as much violent crime. That goes for Child Molesters as well. DNA ties them to the child under 13-Death Penalty, 13-16 Castration (NOT chemical but total loss) and 30 years. Need to get back to real justice, not some bastardized Libtard form of coddling.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Quote Originally Posted by mappow View Post
    Hard one to make a statement on but I will say this. The whole act was initiated by whom? NONE of this altercation would have happened had the attempt to rob not been started in motion by the BG. NOTICE: No air play by any of the LeftStream Media (That I've heard of) not even FOX as a side story. Was the Pharmacist abused as a child, was he beaten down years ago the he feared a repeat of events? Did he harbor resentment against society? ALL Liberal trash but apparently not the proper cause for them to speculate about in this case.
    I see that over 17,000 signatures have been collected to send to the Governor. Hopefully, Gov Fallin will commute and or pardon. This wouldn't have been a story 50 years ago. IMHO, justice was served in the pharmacy. Jus saying.
    I agree absolutely. This entire situation was created by the 2 thugs. Sure, the pharmacist crossed the line but who's to say what state of mind he was in....after all he'd just stared death in the face and no doubt was in full defense mode. Was he really judged by 12 of his peers?? The jurors in this case should have all been victims of armed robbery. The outcome of the trial might have been different.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

11. I agree this sentence is quite harsh. Did he overdo it...probably. However his mentality to properly think was most likely blocked by the surge of adrenaline sent to his brain just by the fact he was being robbed. Add adrenaline and probably anger that some punk kids were trying to rob him and I imagine you might be a little pissed off too. I do agree he should not be a poster child for self defense but he shouldn't bare the burden of life because he was FORCED to defend himself in a life or death situation.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast