Like I Said...... - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Like I Said......

Even an instructor can have his/her credentials revoked for covering the class with the muzzle.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

G50AE "The poster in question likes to railroad thread and make personal attacks. I have often thought that he or she is icemanmpls under another name"
    Maybe it's icemanpls with a badge!
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Quote Originally Posted by mappow View Post
    Maybe it's icemanpls with a badge!
    Maybe his name should be changed to "woodCCWbadge".

Maybe you all should not just go by the medias account of what happened. You jumped right on it just like the Anti-gun groups did. I thought, as a group, we would stick by each other and not help the opposing team.

I guess that is why we can't get anywhere with our fight for our rights.

"Let the one without sin,cast the first stone."
    Ed
    "The tree of Liberty needs to be watered from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson 3rd president of US (1743 - 1826)

6. Quote Originally Posted by Tucker's Mom View Post
    Cool it and please read my response again...and the smilie at the end? Please??? ...geez...you jumped at me straight away. I am not as stupid as you think...ooopppsss you didn't say I'm toopid, did you? afraid not....
    Hey Mom, don't get your panties in a wad. Were just one big happy Family.

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

Eddy-Eddy, We jus all pointing a few things out and having a bit of fun.

Thanks DOC, now I gotta go get me a funnel cake. We are family..............(Ain't that Big yet, gives a better meaning to Puff Daddy)
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Quote Originally Posted by Edsworld View Post
    Maybe you all should not just go by the medias account of what happened. You jumped right on it just like the Anti-gun groups did. I thought, as a group, we would stick by each other and not help the opposing team.
    I guess that is why we can't get anywhere with our fight for our rights.

"Let the one without sin,cast the first stone."
    An idiot like her is the best help the "other team" could ask for. By not being afraid to criticize our own we show that we're serious about safety and responsibility. There's nothing worse (and less credible) than an "old boy network" that chooses to downplay and cover up such activity by pretending that it somehow fits into the normal parameters of acceptable behavior.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall View Post
    An idiot like her is the best help the "other team" could ask for. By not being afraid to criticize our own we show that we're serious about safety and responsibility. There's nothing worse (and less credible) than an "old boy network" that chooses to downplay and cover up such activity by pretending that it somehow fits into the normal parameters of acceptable behavior.
    The problem is: what are our accepted parameters of behavior: I find that, as a firm believer in the 2d Amendment and a CCW holder, that I am grouped in with the Aryan nation, KKK and "Anarchy is the only true Democracy" groups. The general consensus is that : if you carry a gun you are an up righteous Christian and American Patriot whereas if you don't, you are a Jew loving, Black loving, Latino loving, Communist Liberal.

I am an Independent Free Market Conservative, a Christian, a Veteran and have tolerance for all races and religions. I believe that some people won't arm because of their moral beliefs and some of us will arm because we are pragmatic and aware of our surroundings. Both groups are people and have good people in them. I am not part of the "Us and them" crowd.

Forget the moral part, it no longer has any influence to anything in our lives. Our "morals" are simply prejudices and bias today. But we do need to look at our responsibilities for safe carry and good judgment in the use of our weapons.

I am not "us" and I am not "them", I am "me" and I carry solely to protect me and mine.

Quote Originally Posted by wooddoctor:212233
    Why should she get a break??? The rules apply to her like they apply to us. It is called Brandishing. How about pulling your gun out in public and see what kind of break you will get. She was wrong and now must pay the consequences.
    Actually "brandishing" requires that the weapon be waved about in a threatening manner. Otherwise how would you be able to carry one to your car, to the range, look at one in a store, etc....?

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/_/dict.aspx?word=brandishing

Quote Originally Posted by wjh2657 View Post
    The problem is: what are our accepted parameters of behavior....
    I was speaking strictly in terms of gun safety, not of the broader issues of gun rights and their effects on society, etc.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast