Like I Said...... - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Like I Said......

Quote Originally Posted by wooddoctor View Post
    Ed, I am sorry but I must disagree with your willingess to give her a pass. You know as well as I and many others that we would not get a pass had we done what she did. It pisses me off that she did get a pass. You and I under the simular circumstances would be sitting in jail. I don't buy, this is what got us here in the first place!!!
    If she pointed at him on purpose I would agree, but from what I understand she did not. He stepped into the laser light. probable on purpose. She claims she unloaded and cleared firearm and was showing the cameraman the laser by pointing it at a couch, a couch for back stage personnel.
    Ed
    "The tree of Liberty needs to be watered from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson 3rd president of US (1743 - 1826)

Quote Originally Posted by Edsworld:213304
    Quote Originally Posted by wooddoctor View Post
    Ed, I am sorry but I must disagree with your willingess to give her a pass. You know as well as I and many others that we would not get a pass had we done what she did. It pisses me off that she did get a pass. You and I under the simular circumstances would be sitting in jail. I don't buy, this is what got us here in the first place!!!
    If she pointed at him on purpose I would agree, but from what I understand she did not. He stepped into the laser light. probable on purpose. She claims she unloaded and cleared firearm and was showing the cameraman the laser by pointing it at a couch, a couch for back stage personnel.
    If these are facts, notwithstanding if the reporter did it on purpose or not, then she committed no crime.

Quote Originally Posted by wooddoctor:213223
    I was not suggesting that you would by no means. Hypothetical. That is what the senator did. The laws need to apply them as well us peasants.
    I know it was hypothetical. My point is that you stated ,"if one of us pulled our gun out in a parking lot", without further details such as, "and pointed it at someone" and then labeled it brandishing, which that act by itself would not be unless one were waving the gun around threateningly or intentionally pointing it at a person in particular. Just didnt want someone to misconstrue your statement.

Not surprising for a politician, the Senator's story has changed as this story has progressed. Here is a link to the audio from the interview where she admits to pointing it at one of the people in the room but that she "didn't have her finger on the trigger".

Audio and transcript of Sen. Lori Klein interview

Straight from the horse's mouth.

Also, in her follow up statement that contradicts what is heard on the audio clip, she said she "noticed the light" from the laser. Noticed?? Really?? Wasn't she already aware that the laser was on and her pistol was pointed at somebody??

She needs some serious safety training. She's making all of us look bad.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

Ed
    "The tree of Liberty needs to be watered from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson 3rd president of US (1743 - 1826)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345