How many CCW Mag would you carry?? - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How many CCW Mag would you carry??

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Cook View Post
    I carry 1 spare mag loaded with FMJ, just in case I need to shoot through something.
    Why would one need to shoot ' thru ' something for a self defense senerio, unless one is a LEO?

Carry 10rd in the gun and a 15 rd in the belt. Possible could carry 3 more 15 rd depending if I am going into an area that I would not normally go ie: gang territory, drug areas, etc. Generally only 1 extra.

4. SD40 with 2 14 shot mags. The holster has a mag pocket so I keep it filled. I don't expect to ever use it but with gang activity in NM, I;m not taking chances.

Usual carry is Colt combat commander that I do not own, but if I did I carry one mag in gun, one in pipe and two spare mags. If I carry the Para-13 I don't own I carry one mag in gun, one in pipe and two spare mags.

Usually two spares for whatever I carry.

-Doc
    Last edited by Bighouse Doc; 07-12-2011 at 12:31 PM. Reason: spelling

One in the gun plus one extra is all I thought would be necessary. I have been rethinking that. I think 2 spare mags in case one malfunctions. Of course a BUG would be even better then a second spare mag for the main gun. People do carry a bug just in case the main gun malfunctions along with other reasons.
    BWDIK But What Do I know!?
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member
    NRA Certified RSO

I would like a second mag for my .380 (5 rounds) and would carry that, but the 17 in my 9mm is enough so I only carry the clip thats loaded in it.

9. Sometimes I only carry the mag in the pistol and sometimes an extra in my vest pocket. Two more in a mag pouch in the vehicle console. I don't normally go anywhere that I would call really dangerous or that I would expect gang type activity. My usual travels are in rural areas quite a distance from any responding officers so I expect to handle my own problems w/o assistance. My current job has me visiting areas which might be used for meth labs. If I was really concerned about such a problem, I'd be carrying an AR tucked behind the seat with 4-5 mags.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich M View Post
    I would like a second mag for my .380 (5 rounds) and would carry that, but the 17 in my 9mm is enough so I only carry the clip thats loaded in it.
    One of the reasons you carry a spare magazine is in case your first one malfunctions. It's not always about the increased round count.

In all the years I've carried I've never had to fire a shot. Based on that I choose to carry a multitool instead of a third magazine (there's only so much space on my belt)
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Spot on, Treo. Mag change is typical immediate action drill.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast