How many CCW Mag would you carry?? - Page 6
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: How many CCW Mag would you carry??

I carry one in my XD 9 Hi Cap and two extra Hi Caps. You do not want to be accused of (excuse the pun) overkill in a court of law if you would shoot someone.
    The Second Amendment is not about Hunting!!
    When the Government is afraid of of it's People, This LIBERTY
    When the People are afraid of the government, That is TYRANNY

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    One in the gun, two on my belt and three extended magazines in a "tactical" thigh magazine holder. If 127 rounds of 40S&W won't get the job done, I should have brought hand grenades or set up claymores around the perimeter.
    HOLY CRAP - I thought I was bad carrying up to 60 rounds. Goes to show ya, now matter how crazy you are, there's always someone crazier!

We totally have to hang out when the Zombie Apocalypse is upon us! LOL
    S&W M&P 45; Ruger GP100 .357 Magnum; Charter Arms .38 Undercover
    http://www.usacarry.com/forums/members/phillip-gain-albums-phil-s-photos-picture3828-reciprocity-map-29jun11.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by crabbys44 View Post

Most malfunctions are caused by magazine issues. You should always carry at least 1 reload just in case. You do malfunction drills, right? This is an extension of that. For those who believe tha magazine in the gun is all they need, all I can say is I've seen a lot of magazine failures from the one in the gun. It may have been defective when you first loaded up or it was damaged after you loaded up. Have you ever fired a round and got a FTF? I've watched people whose mags lost the baseplate and ejected all of their rounds, spring, and follower WITHOUT the shooter noticing until it Failed To Fire. YMMV
    I had a magazine in my G17 lose the base plate, I noticed it immediately, but it was a "Oh ****" moment. Had I been involved in "serious social work" that could have turned out badly if no other magazine was available.
    War to the Knife, Knife to the hilt.
    If we don't want to live in a trashy area, we all have to be willing to help pick up the trash.

Quote Originally Posted by SFC View Post
    I carry one in my XD 9 Hi Cap and two extra Hi Caps. You do not want to be accused of (excuse the pun) overkill in a court of law if you would shoot someone.
    How do you define 'High Cap" ?
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

CA considers over 10 hi cap, Texas run with what you brought.

My answer is a bit more complicated than most. I have five different guns available to me for concealed carry. 90% of the time it's a Glock G30SF. I almost always have at least one extra magazine for that gun, and often will carry two.

During winter months when I wear bulkier clothing I may opt for my Sig P229 that allows for more ammunition capacity. I consider this a compact pistol, though it does maybe hug the line a little. I pretty much always have two spare magazines in the wintertime.

On some rare occasions during the summer, on very hot days where skimpy clothing is called for I may opt for my SP101 357 Magnum. It is very small and stainless, which suits it to that environment. There are no magazines for that gun. I used to carry a speedloader around with an extra five rounds for this gun but I was never entirely happy with the limited capacity that represented, which accounts for the rarity of my using this carry method. However, this gun is about to be sent off to be ported and modified to accept moonclips, so it will be better suited for summer carry again. I'll probably carry two reloads for it then.

The other two guns, a Glock G27 and a Smith 4516-1, likely won't see carry again, but I have two spare magazines for each of them that I carried with them.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

At the moment, it's the one in the gun+a spare in my holster's spare mag pouch. I've already ordered two additional mags for my EDC gun as well, since it's gonna be my only carry gun for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare45 View Post
    CA considers over 10 hi cap, Texas run with what you brought.
    In Arizona if they make it you can carry it, have seen 9mm 32 round mags. Personally, I carry 16 round magazines by Springfield and EAA Tanfoglio Witness
    The Second Amendment is not about Hunting!!
    When the Government is afraid of of it's People, This LIBERTY
    When the People are afraid of the government, That is TYRANNY

Quote Originally Posted by SFC View Post
    In Arizona if they make it you can carry it, have seen 9mm 32 round mags. Personally, I carry 16 round magazines by Springfield and EAA Tanfoglio Witness
    The reeason I mention this is because by using the anti's terms you legitimize their argument. Your magazines are standard capacity
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

When I carry my 1911 - I carry an additional 2 mags
    When I carry my Walther - I carry one additional.

If I can't get away with 19 to 31 rounds, then I'll use what the other guy brought to the party.

Psalm 82:3-5

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast