How many CCW Mag would you carry?? - Page 8
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: How many CCW Mag would you carry??

It depends which gun(s) I'm carrying, and where I'm going. If it's the SW9VE, one extra mag is plenty (34+1). If it's the PF-9, two extras (21+1). If it's the Rossi 462, two speed loaders (18). And no matter which of the three is on my belt, the 85UL in my pocket will have one extra (10). So, normally I've got between 28 & 45 rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by crabbys44 View Post
    Have you ever fired a round and got a FTF? I've watched people whose mags lost the baseplate and ejected all of their rounds, spring, and follower WITHOUT the shooter noticing until it Failed To Fire. YMMV
    Never with any gun I owned or the Marine Corps "loaned" me. I suppose it is an offshoot of proper care and maintenance.

... and the shooter NEVER noticed? Now THAT'S what I call "situational awareness"! LOL!

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

Wait, I lied (unintentionally). A couple of years ago I found that the last round in one of my mags for a little .25 cal pocket pistol I purchased back in '80 did a nose dive back into the mag every time I tried to fire with it. After certain efforts to remedy the problem with that mag, to no avail, I just chucked the turkey and was lucky enough to find a replacement at a gun show.

ASIDE from that one instance, my original post stands. (Embarrassment!)

(Never could understand why that mag and not any others. I could detect absolutely NO difference in any of them. In fact, the last time I tried to fire it at the range, I had to mark the defective one, being indisinguishable from the other two otherwise.)

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

I generally carry 1 or 2 spare mags.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678