home owners insurance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: home owners insurance

Thumbs down home owners insurance

today I was going to switch my homeowners insurance to Amica. The price was fine and I said I would take it. Then they asked if I had any guns. I said yes. They said they would only cover up to $2500 without a detailed list. I said that was fine I would take the loss on any over that amount. Then they asked if any were loaded. I said that at least one was always loaded. They said they would not write a policy unless the guns were all unloaded, locked up, and the ammo stored in a different location. I said I was surprised that was their policy when so many people had concealed carry permits. They stated that they were not to concerned about the owners but others that might have access to the guns(at this point they knew my wife and I lived alone). So I said sorry we can't do business and good by. I have to say I believe their decision must be based on anti-gun views and not on fear of financial loss. Just thought I would pass this on to all of you.

Wow... Just wow...

State farm.. they were great to deal with, and I was able to add even more gun insurance without any issues what so ever. They never asked for a list, or asked if anyone had any loaded guns in the house. Give them a call.

5. Thanks for the info... I have not even thought about what ours covers..........
    "Any Government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have...." - Thomas Jefferson.

Thats just amazing to me. No company is going to dictate to me that i have to have all of my guns unloaded and locked in a safe with the ammo stored in a different location. Its none of there damn business how or were i keep my guns, how i store my ammo, and if there loaded or not.

Im glad you did not get your insurance from them.

Simple: If something happens with one of your guns they may have to pay for it. If you get murdered because all of your guns are inaccesible they will NOT have to pay for it.

You may want to check into USAA insurance, esp if you are active duty, retired, or have an immediate family who served. They are excellent. I have had them for 23+ years and am totally satisfied with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubs View Post
    You may want to check into USAA insurance, esp if you are active duty, retired, or have an immediate family who served. They are excellent. I have had them for 23+ years and am totally satisfied with them.
    I second that; my husband & I have had USAA for over 30 years and they are great.They have good car insurance rates too.

USAA is over priced when it comes to home. My home owners is ~25% lower with Farm Bureau. No one can come even relatively close to USAA's auto though.
    For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan .When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours - Stephen Roberts

I'm with AAA and never have had a problem with firearms
    The Second Amendment is not about Hunting!!
    When the Government is afraid of of it's People, This LIBERTY
    When the People are afraid of the government, That is TYRANNY

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast