Targets...Print or buy?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Targets...Print or buy?

1. Targets...Print or buy?

So I was just curious do you print or buy your targets for the range? Where do you get them? Whats your favorite to shoot at?

Buy targets or make your own?

I print my own because I use at least 10 per practice session (I have a routine of one handed right, one handed left, two hands left, two hands right, double taps, single shots, multiple targets, etc so I like to analyze each one to see what I need to work on).

Easy to set up (squares or circles).

Almost all of my pistol shooting is bullseye target shooting. I can't print on paper big enough to match the 50' NRA slow and timed/rapid targets. I have to buy.

The range I go to provides the NRA 50' targets for indoor range (or outdoor, for that matter). We pay a $5 per session range fee to help defray costs of elec, targets, etc. They ask that if you use a lot of targets to kick in some extra cash. It's an honor system, pretty much. We're always welcome to bring our own, too. People bring their own evil menace targets for the outdoor range. It's a rifle & pistol club, run by the officers & members, not for profit. The money raised goes right back into the club's operating and maintenance expenses.

I like the standard IDPA pasteboard targets (bought a carton of 100 from Target Barn).

I print most of my targets from FREE TARGETS from TARGETZ.com. Now and then I will buy the 12"x12" targets, but mostly for rifle/shotgun.

Print them, and you can get them from a multitude of sources.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

Quote Originally Posted by robfrommaine View Post
    The range I go to provides the NRA 50' targets for indoor range (or outdoor, for that matter). We pay a $5 per session range fee to help defray costs of elec, targets, etc. They ask that if you use a lot of targets to kick in some extra cash. It's an honor system, pretty much. We're always welcome to bring our own, too. People bring their own evil menace targets for the outdoor range. It's a rifle & pistol club, run by the officers & members, not for profit. The money raised goes right back into the club's operating and maintenance expenses.
    That is interesting...

Anyway, we buy them at the range and some of them from Walmart. The cost of the ink does not justify printing (in my case...)
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

I use all the bottles and jugs from milk, juice, soda, etc and fill them with water and shoot at those. They're great for really trying to get accurate at all ranges. And when the water runs out the jugs bounce around so you get to fire at a moving target. Just make sure you do it in a safe place with nobody else around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

Print 'em... Free is better. Ask any welfare recipient...

Print 'em at work if possible...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast