AZ border militia - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: AZ border militia

The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday

As a land owner in a border state, my property is clearly marked and any individual on that property without my permission is guilty of criminal trespass. Report them turn them over to Border Patrol, sparse land with no water other than well/windmill. You take your life in your hands and I do not need a militia to defend my land, if border patrol is unwilling then the trespassers take their chances.

4. If you want this to work, there should be no "rules of engagement" except don't shoot locals. A real deterrent to illegals would be finding multiple rotting corpses along the border-some with notes in Spanish indicating the shooters are still on the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobuck View Post
    If you want this to work, there should be no "rules of engagement" except don't shoot locals. A real deterrent to illegals would be finding multiple rotting corpses along the border-some with notes in Spanish indicating the shooters are still on the job.
    Does this include women and children?
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

6. Quote Originally Posted by Treo:213536
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobuck View Post
    If you want this to work, there should be no "rules of engagement" except don't shoot locals. A real deterrent to illegals would be finding multiple rotting corpses along the border-some with notes in Spanish indicating the shooters are still on the job.
    Does this include women and children?
    We wouldn't want to be gender and age biased. Goes against civil rights movement.

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    I am rethinking. I knew something was wrong if I was in agreement w/ B2Tall
    Whip out your CCW Badge and start illegally blasting.

The militia is doing it all wrong. Simply get permission from private land owners to voluntarily patrol their land. Then it is not a public policy issue, it's simply private property and private action

Quote Originally Posted by scottbland247 View Post
    The militia is doing it all wrong. Simply get permission from private land owners to voluntarily patrol their land. Then it is not a public policy issue, it's simply private property and private action
    Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner!

April, 2011 Gov. Jan Brewer has signed a bill creating a state militia that she could deploy at any time, and for any reason.

The bill, SB1495, creates a volunteer state militia, separate and apart from the National Guard.

Rep. Jack Harper, R-Surprise, who sponsored a near identical House bill, said this type of legislation couldn’t have come at a better time.

Ľ Brewer signs bill authorizing volunteer state militia Arizona Capitol Times
    The Second Amendment is not about Hunting!!
    When the Government is afraid of of it's People, This LIBERTY
    When the People are afraid of the government, That is TYRANNY

11. From what I read in the story, they have been doing this for a while. Now they want to expand from just watching and calling the cops to being allowed to "act". This looks like it could be very bad, but if done "right" I believe it could be a big help. I'm all for it long as they arenít like the few militias I've seen. You know the type, wan-a-bees, with big egos and lots of big guns they barely know how to use.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast