AZ border militia
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AZ border militia

AZ border militia

A longstanding local border-militia group is trying to form a paramilitary squad with permission to confront smugglers or other suspected wrongdoers.

Cochise County Militia founder Bill Davis put out the word Monday that the group is planning to form a “private military company.”Although that category normally refers to contractors such as the company formerly known as Blackwater, the militia’s paramilitary squad would not work for money, Davis said

Read more: AZ border militia to offer armed patrols in Cochise County
    The Second Amendment is not about Hunting!!
    When the Government is afraid of of it's People, This LIBERTY
    When the People are afraid of the government, That is TYRANNY

This is a recipe for disaster on so many levels.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall View Post
    This is a recipe for disaster on so many levels.
    I never thought I'd ever say this but I am in 100% agreement
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

As much as I don't like criminals, illegals, drugs and other crap comming accross our border, I am not sure this is the best method. Since most of us only have crappy media BS to review, there is no telling what is really going on in the area. I don't live there and don't know their situation.

Psalm 82:3-5

Now wait a minute here..... we have a volunteer border patrol force willing and able to assist in border protection? Hell yeah! ... and, apparently, MOST cost effective.

Oh, just one kicker, they are duly sworn in as either Fed border agents or Sheriff's Deputies (Auxilliaries) and as such are under exactly the same "Rules of Enguagement" as any other LEO. That might keep any ideas of vigilanteeism under control.

Otherwise, more than happy to see someone willing to perform public service without an agenda or a "payoff".

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

Agree with GG above. The Sheriff could, using the terminology of olde "muster the Fyrd" i.e call up the yeomanry at arms to deal with a situation that threatens the safety of the People and the civil order of the body politick. They would be auxulliary deputies, trained as such, and anybody exibiting overt belligerence, racism, or the propensity to abuse authority would be rejected.
    IIRC, Fyrdthegn has been one of the duties/honorifics attached to the office of Sheriff dating back to Anglo-Saxon England.
    Better to perish in the struggle for freedom than live to see defeat. There ARE things to be feared more than death. The fyrd is a Constitutional imperative.

Exactly so! Good call.

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

I am rethinking. I knew something was wrong if I was in agreement w/ B2Tall
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

The squad would consist largely of U.S. military combat veterans, already a significant contingent of the group Davis formed in 2001, he said.

“They all have confirmed kills, from Vietnam or later on. They’re not wannabes who go out and buy a set of camos and go out in the woods with a rifle,” Davis said.
    I am sure there are a few Scout/Sniper's teams in there that could shoot up a few water jugs or take out a couple vehicles and then a psychological factors would start to set in
    It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men....

Many police agencies use Citizen Observer Patrols to augment their force. I would have no problem with trained volunteers equipped with radios and GPS trackers acting as another set of eyes for the Border Patrol, but a "militia"?? Not a chance. A bunch of gun-toting, Rambo Jrs wandering around in the desert would turn into a nightmare rather quickly. Forget about the potential body count and lawsuits flying around, it'll probably only be a matter of hours before some of these yahoos get stranded somewhere in the desert prompting a large (and expensive) SAR operation.

I can see it now.....the darkness pierced by the TV camera crew's lights as Floyd, Earl, and Bubba emerge from the rescue helocopter shivering in blankets, dehydrated, and all their hard-earned "militia cred" gone down the drain......
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast