Florida carry into a bank - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Florida carry into a bank

1. It is true that a sign itself is useless, however if you are asked to leave you need to - it becomes a tresspassing issue and in which case your weapon also becomes an issue. As far as reading the law, Gutmacher's book is a very good one, however the law is constitanly changing - recent changes have been made to gun regulation and more are to come. Log onto either myfloridahouse.gov or flsenate.gov and search statute 790. That will be the current law and will be updated as the law changes without you having to buy a new copy of Mr. Gutmacher's book every year(and yes, the law will more than likely change again next year as it did last year)

I am NOT a Fla., resident but a bank is Fed. It is a No-No

Unless the Bank is owned by the Feds you carry carry into any bank.

Quote Originally Posted by n4sxx View Post
    There are only 12 Federal reserve bank location across the US...none of them are in FL. A regular bank, one that regular people go to, is NOT a federal facility.

6. Quote Originally Posted by n4sxx View Post
    You are wrong. Just because they are INSURED by the FDIC does not mean it's RUN by the Fed's. In FL you can conceal carry in a bank as long as it's not RUN by the Fed's.

This video will help.

Nice video. Thanks for posting it pafindr.

8. An optimist, is someone that doesn't know all the facts!

Quote Originally Posted by n4sxx View Post
    Not so! Just because a bank handles federal notes (money) doesn't make it a federal building or possesion. The cash may be insured by the FDIC but that doesn't make it a fedreal building. As a matter of fact banks are private property chains stores much like a Burger King.

Unless there is a sign posted prohibiting the carry of firearms on the premises, there is no State regulation preventing it.

Personally, there have been few occasions to physically go into a bank but the last time I did was to get my account staraightened out after my bank merged into another chain. I sat in the back officers office while I was CCing. No sign on the door.

TTBOMK there are no federal laws specifically prohibiting the legal carry in a bank. There are laws on the book that amplify the penalties if a gun is used in the commision of a crime and even more so if the crime is bank robery.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12