Thinking on getting the M&P 15 sport any feedback would be appreciated-
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thinking on getting the M&P 15 sport any feedback would be appreciated-

Talking Thinking on getting the M&P 15 sport any feedback would be appreciated-

Seen one of these inexpensive/quality AR's at a local gun shop and want one, does anyone own one of these rifles and can tell me more about them generally?? Just need a range rifle and always wanted a 15??

I don't own one, but then I haven't seen one that was less than $1000 new.
    I have $600 in my build and it is a lot of fun! (It is my first AR.) I had never owned an AR before. After much debate and talking to a number of people. I took a class and built one. The class was $100. It included all the parts, etc.

This probably doesn't help you, but it might give you another option.
    Joe

Psalm 82:3-5

I own an M&P15 MOE and I absolutely love it! It is an extremely accurate rifle to have just a 16.5" barrel as is any quality M4 style weapon in the right hands, mine is a flat top Magpul edition but had flip up sights but you have tons of options for scopes and sights that will mount on the rifle, I went with an EoTech since it fit my needs best for the cost. I haven't noticed any significant wear to any part of the rifle and I clean it every time its fired which will increase parts life along with keeping a good lube made for rapid fire on all the moving parts. You should be more than happy with an M&P, just have fun with it and take advantage of the thousands of.options to customize it to your liking.

I think they are very good weapons. If I didn't already have an AR carbine I might get one. I see the prices are coming down in some places. Looks like they can be found for well under $600.
    A man's life, liberty, and property are only safe when the legislature is NOT in session. Will Rogers

I love mine. Clean, smooth, accurate. Got it optics ready at just under 1k before taxes at Academy. Well worth it. Do a wikipedia search on S&W M&P 15. Some good background development info.

Great weapon I love mine, come with better than average rear sight and heavy barrel for about $650. I'm not in combat so i have little for a dust cover and if i need to use a thumb assist- I NEED TO CLEAN MY WEAPON!!
    you cannot beat the m&p 15 at any price, solid rifle

Iam2Taz, where did you find a class on building one for $100? Can you post a link or details, please? Anything would be greatly appreciated. :-)

I have a M&P15 MOE as well. It's been a great rifle. The "Sport" looks like a standard MilSpec AR. With the exception of the hand guard, it's pretty much the same as a MOE, so you should expect great performance and reliability from it. Here's mine:

Mines been modified a little, but it still has the same running gear on the inside.

I like mine

Thumbs up nice MOE

Quote Originally Posted by jsimmons View Post
    I have a M&P15 MOE as well. It's been a great rifle. The "Sport" looks like a standard MilSpec AR. With the exception of the hand guard, it's pretty much the same as a MOE, so you should expect great performance and reliability from it. Here's mine:

Mines been modified a little, but it still has the same running gear on the inside.
    was it easy to remove the handguard?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast