What Was Your First Pistol & Do You Still Have It? - Page 2

View Poll Results: Do you still have your first pistol?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes and will never get rid of it.

27 52.94%
  • Yes but would replace it if I got a chance.

4 7.84%
  • No but I wish I still had it.

17 33.33%
  • No and good riddance.

3 5.88%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What Was Your First Pistol & Do You Still Have It?

Still got it I was 18 and since you could not buy a regular pistol you could buy a Black powder pistol from a FFL.
    So I bought a (NIB) Navy Arms .44 cal wheel gun, and I put a lot lead ball's though it, and at 56 I think I will keep it around a bit longer.

I have been thinking of a .45 Colt cylinder conversion for it. Anyone out there have any experience with them, like dislike?
    Last edited by Sheldon; 03-25-2008 at 09:34 PM.

Okay, I haven't been around as long as some of you, nor did I have a father or grandfather that owned guns, so my first is my colt mustang I got about 8 years ago and still carry. Love it--even though I would get something of larger caliber now I'll never sell it. Been a great little gun.

Gone but not to far.

My first pistol was a Springfield XD-40 service with a EFK fire dragon ported barrel. I sold it to my brother so I can still shoot it if I want.

But my first gun was a Winchester defender 1300 shot gun with red dot sight, which I will never sell :icon_wink:

5. Yes still have mine it is a Ruger New Model Black Hawk .357 I bought it 3 weeks before I turned 21 had to wait the additional time to pick it up. My dad had a Ruger Single Six that I grew up shooting so this was a natural choice for me. I will keep it and pass it on to my son one day. Still have my first rifle too a old Savage .22 bolt action my dad bought for me at Coast to Coast hard ware back in the 70's my dad had it but gave it to my son when he turned 14. I like to keep guns in the family. If I like a gun I will never sell it.
    ["Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!"
    - Ben Franklin
    FONT]

Yes,
    first, rev. is a Ruger single six with 22 mag. cyl.
    second was a Ruger mk.I
    bought both in 1971 I think.
    If you served in any branch of the Military, THANK YOU

7. Smile

My first handgun was a old single shot 357 with an eight inch barrel. Can't remember the make of the gun but it was old when I got it (back in the mid eighties) I think it was originally made for comp/target shooting. Got a Dan Wesson 45 Bobtail Comm. now among others, but you never forget your first time!
    "When I whet my flashing sword and my hand takes hold in judgment, I shall take vengeance upon mine enemies and I will repay those who hate me"

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by wolvie1892 View Post
    My first handgun was a old single shot 357 with an eight inch barrel. Can't remember the make of the gun but it was old when I got it (back in the mid eighties) I think it was originally made for comp/target shooting. Got a Dan Wesson 45 Bobtail Comm. now among others, but you never forget your first time!
    Oh please I have ammo (made a great deal on some .22 wildcats) that is older than that laying around, Now the 30-40 Kraig that is getting up there. Age is just a matter of perspective.:y:

9. Mine was a Colt Peacemaker in .22.

They had been discontinued and the store, a BERGNER'S if you can believe it, had them on clearance for $96

It had a 7.5" barrel and fixed sights. They also had a New Frontier with adjustable sights, but I forget the length.

I got several squirrels with that gun, fixed sights and all.

I eventually shortened the barrel to 5.5 and put S&W rear sight and a Ruger Single Six front sight on there to help me hit more often.

I know I hurt the "value" of it, but that money value only matters if you're going to sell it. I decided I wanted the increased personal value instead.

Still got it !

I have my Gock 19 that I bought privately when I was a week past 18. I seriously think this thing has about 25k rounds through it.

It's been through some horrible things including being stolen by a room-mate and literally buried in the back yard for a little over six months before he owned up and told me. I dug it up from under 2' of VA earth, rinsed it with a water hose and immediately fired the 15 rounds without fail.

Looking to trade my M&P for another G19 now but, I'll never let this one go.
    Unapologetic American
    NRA/IDPA/USPSA/GSSF

Russian double stack Makarov

Great gun but hard to feed and get parts for.
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast