.40 vs 9mm for self defense - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: .40 vs 9mm for self defense

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    A hit with a .22 does more damage than a miss with a hand grenade.
    Not to be argumentative but you can miss with a hand grenade by 5 feet and still be more effective than a hit with a 22...LOL. Sorry, had to say it.
    Due to the increased cost of Ammunition I will be forced to discontinue warning shots as of now! USAF Chief Master Sergeant, Retired, 1979-2005

Quote Originally Posted by Chief1297 View Post
    Not to be argumentative but you can miss with a hand grenade by 5 feet and still be more effective than a hit with a 22...LOL. Sorry, had to say it.
    That's not a miss. When it comes to hand grenades, close counts as a hit.

4. Its always funny when you read the first post of a thread, and then the last post.

I use a G19 for years, a great all around weapon, i feel the 40 is also a great weapon. I think its just a matter of playing with stats and deciding on numbers. i don't think there's a bad choice here.

Firearm Group

5. A much debated topic....

I see this discussed quite a lot. Personally I like to carry a big 45 or a high capacity 9mm. I don't see the great improvement between 9 and 40 . Sometimes I find the need to carry a light high cap 9mm and other times I like to carry the big dog. Most times I carry a Glock 21 (45) .

9mm. Easier controllable recoil which leads to faster follow-up shots, cheaper so I can practice "that" much more so I'm "that" much more proficient, ammo availability, magizine capicity is greater generally so I have "that" many more shots I can make if needed, and as far as which has better "stopping" power.... it's shot placement that matters(see proficient note), with modern ammo... 9mm is more than capable of stopping a threat with one well placed shot.

CALIBERS -- Why the Nine?* Advocating the 9x19mm

CALIBERS -- Choosing Defensive Ammunition
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123