How do you feel about a 21 year old carrying? - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you feel about a 21 year old carrying?

I’m going to go w/ it depends on the 21 Y/O in question. It’s a scientific fact that the part of the brain that governs impulse control does not fully develop until you are 25 or so. I see a lot of 21 Y/Os that act like they have permanent ADHD and I’m not sure I’d be comfortable knowing they were carrying guns.
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Some people have common sense at younger ages than others. I know plenty of 50 year olds that aren't responsible enough for me to consider "safe" with a firearm or automobile or even a spork. I also know a few teenagers plenty responsible enough. 21 is simply the state's attempt at finding a median age that people are responsible enough.

21, so what??

I don't see any problem. I was a US Army MP who was armed with an M1911A1 at 18 years old. I always treated my weapon with respect and utilized it for what it was; a dangerous (if misused) tool that I needed to do my job. Like you, I had a very healthy respect for the damage a mishandled weapon could do. I had one Sr. NCO who I wouldn't trust with a water gun. Even the armor hated to see this fool coming. So I know firsthand that age is not a foolproof indicator as to who will handle a weapon properly. As long as you are mentally mature, don't drink while you're armed, and follow the safety rules, you're good to go!

Be safe, and welcome to the sheepdogs.

Quote Originally Posted by ConstableCurt View Post
    Be safe, and welcome to the sheepdogs.
    Sheep dogs are evil
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Age is not a measure of the man or his wisdom. Be safe, be true, and be ready.

Thanks everyone for the self esteem boost and feeling more confident about carrying. :)
    Sic vis pacem, para bellum

8. Don't care. Do it legal, Do it responsibly, Be Safe, Carry On.

as long as your smart about it, do it the legal way, i say carry on. i got my permit last year (now im 28) so i only have a few years on ya. i get the same from my family, but after talking it over with them (still dont like the idea) but have a better understanding for why i carry and that i passed everything required for me to do so, its almost a non issue anymore.

be safe out there and keep carrying!

All I have to say about it is this: I joined the military at the age of 18. If the government didn't have a problem with me around weapons of any sort, why should anyone else?. Besides, so far as maturity is concerned I know some people in their 50s that shouldn't even ride a bicycle. At least you can still train someone in their early 20's. ;)

I started open carry when I was 16, but back then in Arizona there were not strict guns laws. If the 21 year old in not a mental case, felony record or spousal abuse and passes the so called background check then they have the right to purchase and carry just like any other person.

If this person is pulling his firearm in public for no reason other than to show off one can report him to the authorities as this 21 one year old could be a threat to himself and others.
    The Second Amendment is not about Hunting!!
    When the Government is afraid of of it's People, This LIBERTY
    When the People are afraid of the government, That is TYRANNY

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast