How do you feel about a 21 year old carrying? - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: How do you feel about a 21 year old carrying?

As mentioned in previous posts, the level of maturity and responsibility are key determining factors. There is nothing wrong with a 21 year old carrying period. As in all cases, proper decisions must be made in certain circumstances and constant awareness of the situations. You seam to have a good head on your shoulders so ignore the hype and be safe.

I agree with the majority here. I have been carrying a pistol in some form or another since I was 17 yrs old. Two of my three sons have CCw's and they are in their 20's (the youngest getting his at 21). If an 18 year old can operate a tank, they can carry a firearm.

4. Here is some food for thought.....most Police Officers are hired at the age of 21-25. They carry concealed, open and protect and serve the community with the ability to take someone's life and freedoms away. I was hired at 22. Don't care what others think as long as you do it for the right reasons and have the right intentions.

Be safe out there.

"Better to have it and not need it then need it and not have it"

Quote Originally Posted by CPW1265 View Post
    "Better to have it and not need it then need it and not have it"
    That quote you put is the mindset I've lived by before I even started carrying. +1
    Sic vis pacem, para bellum

6. When I have kids, they are getting their CCW'S when they turn 18 maybe even with a handgun.

In Montana we can carry at 18. I think its great if the teen is responsible and mature enough for the responsibility.

7. Don't have a problem with it all every 21 yr old isint mature enough to carry but every 40 yr old isint either so if your trained...carry but your responsible for your own actions because they affect others

It's not the age, It's the Man, or Women Carrying the Gun.

I didn't read the other answers, but I sort of feel it is none of my business who carries...

I used to think being 21 was the heat until I turned 22...jus sayin. I have known 21 year old folks who shouldn't be allowed out of the house without supervision but I could say the same thing about some 40 and 50 year old folks. Depends on the person.
    Due to the increased cost of Ammunition I will be forced to discontinue warning shots as of now! USAF Chief Master Sergeant, Retired, 1979-2005

[QUOTE=trophyhunter;215323]It's not the age, It's the Man, or Women Carrying the Gun.[/QUOTE

If you can sign a contract,join the military(I joined on my 17th birthday), get married, so, you should be able to carry a gun. Any age is an arbitrary line and has no validity to judge maturity
    War to the Knife, Knife to the hilt.
    If we don't want to live in a trashy area, we all have to be willing to help pick up the trash.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast