Some times I worry about my felllow gun owners - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Some times I worry about my felllow gun owners

1. A straw purchase is when someone purchases a firearm for someone who is legally barred from purchasing the firearm, if the person receiving the firearm is not barred it is not a straw purchase.

3. definition of a straw purchase.

http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/straw+purchase?region=us

"oh you don't know?"
    Yeah, if they keep talking like that, get an LEO to talk to them and explain how much of the law they are breaking.

Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    Isn't ignorance a wonderful thing?
    The majority of Americans seem to think so. There's certainly no monopoly. A society of "Dead Fish".
    ~ Truth Is Hate To Those Who Hate The Truth ~

Aww come on guys! We were all know it alls at one point in our lives even if we won't admit it out loud!Give the young pups a break.

Treo, the best thing you can do for your 3 Musketeers is to educate them and try to draw them into the reality of THIS world!

And if they won't listen or learn, well then roll up a wet news paper and give 'em a good swat on the nose! That'll get their attention!

Quote Originally Posted by nraynes View Post
    "oh you don't know?"
    Yeah, if they keep talking like that, get an LEO to talk to them and explain how much of the law they are breaking.
    I'm not too sure they broke any laws. Talking about something isn't doing something.

Quote Originally Posted by jlbrandt View Post
    A straw purchase is when someone purchases a firearm for someone who is legally barred from purchasing the firearm, if the person receiving the firearm is not barred it is not a straw purchase.
    Nope, you are wrong.... answering one thing on the firearm purchase form, and doing another is a BIG no-no, not that ANY of that crap is Constitutional though....

9. Quote Originally Posted by Axeanda45:214524
    A straw purchase is when someone purchases a firearm for someone who is legally barred from purchasing the firearm, if the person receiving the firearm is not barred it is not a straw purchase.
    Nope, you are wrong.... answering one thing on the firearm purchase form, and doing another is a BIG no-no, not that ANY of that crap is Constitutional though....
    http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/straw+purchase?region=us. This is a link the dictionary. Please check the meaning of straw purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomboy007 View Post
    If two of these guys have done deployments to Afghanistan, then why would they need someone else to purchase something from the PX? I mean, with the exception of a dishonorable discharge, I would think that they would be entitled to purchase anything that they wanted at the PX.
    First one of the "guys" is a girl. Second, one is still USAR one is out he's the one that needs someone to buy for him (but only on Ft. Carson)
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Yeah , no. A straw purchase is any purchase designed to get around the 4473
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast