Some times I worry about my felllow gun owners - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Some times I worry about my felllow gun owners

Quote Originally Posted by nraynes View Post
    get an LEO to talk to them and explain how much of the law they are breaking.
    Who's going to explain to the LEO how much of the law, if any, anyone is breaking? Keeping up on daily current events, it's more than obvious that the majority of LEO's don't have a clue.
    The scariest words in all existence
    "Depart From Me, I Never Knew You"
    - Matthew 7:23 -

I think "Those of you who think you know it all are annoying those of us who do" applies.

Treo, there are always going to be those that get their firearms information from movies and hearsay from their friends. They have exactly zero in the way of facts and if they won't listen to you, te best thing you can do is distance yourself as far as possible before it all hits the fan - you definitely don't want to be associated with someone that doesn't listen.
    Edmund Burke: “The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.” – 1784 speech. Taken from Founding Fathers Notes. "The unarmed man is not just defenseless -- he is also contemptible." Machiavelli

Awe... You've been in my office talking the recent "college grads" again. Cut it out, they know everything! Most of them can't button a collar or tie a tie, let alone think with out a computer or calculator. (Occasionally you will find a gem in the bunch. Those will go far!)

YMMV.

Psalm 82:3-5

As a constant reminder to me I posted the following sing in my office "I try to never interfere with those who think they know what they are doing". To convince a bunch like the ones in the OP or even some on this forum that they are wrong is impossible and does nothing but get you and everyone else upset and cause hard feelings. Just sit back and listen. You may get a chance to interject some wisdom in but usually it will just be ignored and make things worse.

Musch like responding to trolls on the Internet. If you respond then the troll has won. DNFTT = Do Not Feed The Troll

Just consider the source and keep a wary eye on them.

Self protection from stupids is just as important to your survival as self protection from genuine BGs.

Unfortunately one is not allowed to shoot "stupids" to keep them from replicating! LOL! (Sarcasm intended!)

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

Quote Originally Posted by Grognard Gunny View Post
    Just consider the source and keep a wary eye on them.

Self protection from stupids is just as important to your survival as self protection from genuine BGs.

Unfortunately one is not allowed to shoot "stupids" to keep them from replicating! LOL! (Sarcasm intended!)

GG
    Just like in many cases, "He needed killin'" should be a legitimate defense but is normally frowned upon by most defense attorneys as not PC enough.

They are talking about breaking the law with a straw purchase, thus thinking about it and trying to get around the law. That would be something a half decent LEO would be able to discuss and I would love to see them tell him "oh you don't know?"

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    First one of the "guys" is a girl. Second, one is still USAR one is out he's the one that needs someone to buy for him (but only on Ft. Carson)
    Sorry, Treo. In my neck of the woods, "guy" is a genderless, generic term. "Those guys stole my bike!" could mean a group of males, females, or mixed gender group.

It was my understanding that anyone with a military ID (active, reserve, or discharged) was entitled to make purchases at any PX. I know that the PX at the local Coastie base sees all kinds! Somebody edumacate me!
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

No matter how you look at it, there is a straw purchase involved. If they have military ID cards and have it purchased for them. They are breaking the law. If no ID, then the purchaser is also breaking the straw purchase rules on use of the PX/BX. Coastie base exchanges have different rules on some things as the USCG is not the military. They are part of the DHS except when at war.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast