Some times I worry about my felllow gun owners - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Some times I worry about my felllow gun owners

1. You guys clearly don't know what a straw sale is.. A straw sale is when you purchase a firearm for someone who cannot legally purchase a firearm themselves (someone with a history of mental illness for example).

If military personnel, or LEO gets a discount at a gun shop and decides to re-sell it to a buddy for the same price or give it as a gift, all you need is a bill of sale in The Sunshine State where I'm from.

3. Treo,

You're right.. Maybe you're just an old fart that needs to get off his high horse and be glad that those twenty-somethings are exercising their second ammendment rights.

If you were so displeased with the way they were carrying on in conversation you should of shared some tid-bits of your knowledge oh mighty one.

4. I have to agree with Che on the straw purchase bit. As long as you know the person is not prohibited from buying a firearm then you can purchase one for them. Not being allowed in a specific store has nothing to do with it.

As for why a vet can't go to the PX/BX, only those who retire from the service get an ID. If you get out after one or two tours you don't retain any of those privileges.

A straw purchase is any purchase wherein the purchaser knowingly acquires an item or service for someone who is, for whatever reason, unable to purchase the item or service himself. This term can be applied to any such purchase, but it is most widely used in relation to the sale of firearms, especially in United States federal.

Straw purchase - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Draw your own conclusions.

Don't Lie For the Other Guy: A national campaign to prevent the illegal purchase of firearms

What is a straw purchase?

A straw purchase is an illegal firearm purchase where the actual buyer of the gun, being unable to pass the required federal background check or desiring to not have his or her name associated with the transaction, uses a proxy buyer who can pass the required background check to purchase the firearm for him/her. It is highly illegal and punishable by a $250,000 fine and 10 years in prison.
    Straw purchase - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In the context of United States federal gun laws, a straw purchase is defined as any purchase from a dealer holding a Federal Firearms License where the buyer conducting the transaction is acting as a proxy for another person. The law does not distinguish between someone who is purchasing on behalf of a person who legally cannot purchase or possess a firearm, and one who is not

Yikes, and they also can vote!

FN1910: Thank you for the clarification. (See post #35, this thread.) (Saved me the trouble of posting it myself..... which I would have been ever so much more "Wordy" at doing. LOL!)

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

Quote Originally Posted by bootsdeal View Post
    Yikes, and they also can vote!
    The overall objective is to insure that every "end recipient/owner" of the gun goes through the background check. Which, incidently, is ONE (and the only one, that I can think of) form of gun control I completely agree with.

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

[SIZE=3] "When ignorance is bliss, tis folly to be wise."

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234