Can We PA-leez Put the Sheep Dog Myth To Rest? - Page 7
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Can We PA-leez Put the Sheep Dog Myth To Rest?

Quote Originally Posted by firelooker View Post
    Darn! I wanted a nice big shiny badge to make me feel real special and to show the cop when I got pulled over so I could say"See I got one too!":)
    Be careful not to practice your tacticalness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven. So when you carry a concealed handgun, do not announce it with trumpets and CCW Badges, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored as sheepdogs and mall ninjas. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. But when you carry a concealed handgun, do not let your attire indicate what you are doing, so that your carrying a handgun may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you by helping you develop increased situational awareness and a tactical mindset.

And when you post on the internet, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to refer to magazines as clips because they think it sounds gangsta. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. But when you post on the internet, first do a Google search for a good glosary of firearms terms. Learn these terms and use them correctly. Then other gunowners, who see what you have done, will reward you with useful information on firearms.

And when you post on the internet, do not keep on growling like kelcarry and wooddoctor, for they think that they will be heard because of their many words. Do not be like them, instead post useful information for other gunowners, and you too will receive useful information on firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by firelooker View Post
    Darn! I wanted a nice big shiny badge to make me feel real special and to show the cop when I got pulled over so I could say"See I got one too!":)
    I'm willing to bet that "line" wouldn't work out so well with a female officer! LOL!

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

4. Don't ask don't tell. LOL
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

Seems to me that, like everything, the issue of acting like a sheepdog is situational. (I'm discounting those wannabe civilians who strap on a firearm and head out to mete out truth and justice; they're idiots.) To me, it boils down to your willingness to help a fellow human being, in the event that a) you're trained; and b) it's reasonable to try.

Our life's experiences make us who we are. Here'a true story which has impacted me (some of you have heard it before). Some years ago, a beautiful young co-ed here in town was abducted in a mall parking lot by a psycho prick, who abuse her and knifed her to death. It struck close to home as my son was at the same univeristy and knew the young lady. I, and many others, spent considerable time combing the snow-filled ditches looking for her body. She was finally found after spring snowmelt.

So, while I would be very hesitant to enter a building where a nut bag is unloading a semi-auto rifle, my outlook changes if it's a convenience story scenario, or something similar. I simply will not stand there while some ******* blows the face off some young kid working his way thru college if I was in a position to do something about it (had the element of surprise, had clear LOS, etc, etc.). That's just me. The glory of it all is, we all get to make our own decisions. One size does not fit all.

Call it being a sheepdog or whatever you want. I call it standing up for your fellow human being.

My .02
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

6. My first revelation when it comes to firearms was when I was living in Hawaii. A disgruntled former Xerox employee returned to his workplace and shot 7 people.

I was not aware of Hawaii's anti gun reputation but I came to the conclusion that ONE armed employee would have been able to do much good.

It was not until several years later that I recieved my first permit to carry. I have thought about this for some time. The way I figure it I am pretty certain that I will shoot my way OUT of a situation but there is no way I am willing to shoot myself INTO a situation.
    "Get this through your head! We're not fighting to have everybody think the way we do, we're fighting so that people can think whatever they want! Even if they don't agree with us!"--Stalker, GI JOE #39

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Mustang View Post
    The way I figure it I am pretty certain that I will shoot my way OUT of a situation but there is no way I am willing to shoot myself INTO a situation.
    Word.
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

I agree

Carrying a gun is a huge responsibility. I was brought up with guns. I sort of got a kick out of the sheep dog analogy when I first heard it. However your analysis is right on. Anti-gun people are jealous and angry about the freedoms we enjoy and the responibilities we are willing to shoulder and by their rhetoric they would and do encourage irresponsible use of firearms. Anti-gunners often frequent gun bloggs. Let none of us become cannon fodder for their war against freedom. Let us all continue to be advocates for the safe, sane and prolific use of firearms (and that is not an oxymoron). Not only " more guns less crime" in a free society more guns more freedom, more kindness, more charity. My father taught me to never say anything to any one that I wasn't willing to back up. That is a principle that applies accross all walks of life. I was a little kid when he taught me that. Consequently I have always kept my words in check and it saved me a lot of grief.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Mustang View Post
    The way I figure it I am pretty certain that I will shoot my way OUT of a situation but there is no way I am willing to shoot myself INTO a situation.
    That makes two of us.
    GOD HATES RELIGION
    ~ Religious Spirit Crucified Christ ~

Thumbs up Word Up!

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Word.
    Yo, pretty ladies around the world
    Gotta a weird thing to show you
    So tell all the boys and girls
    Tell your brother, your sister and your momma too
    Were about to go down
    And you know just what to do
    Wave your hands in the air like you donít care
    Glide by the people as they start to look and stare
    Do your dance, Do your dance
    Do your dance quick, mom

Címon baby tell me whatís the word
    Now, word up
    (ahh ahh)
    Everybody say
    When you hear the call you got to get it under way
    Word up
    (ahh ahh)
    Itís the call, word
    No matter where you say it
    You know that youíll be heard

Now all you sucker DJs
    Who think youíre fly
    Thereís got to be a reason
    And we know the reason why
    You try to put on those airs
    And act real cool
    But you got to realize
    That youíre acting like fools
    If thereís music, we can use it
    Be free to dance
    We donít have the time for psychological romance
    No romance, no romance
    No romance for me, mom

Címon baby tell me whatís the word
    Now, word up
    (ahh ahh)
    Everybody say
    Word up
    (ahh ahh)
    Itís the call, word
    (woo!)

Word up
    (ahh ahh)
    Everybody say
    Word up
    (ahh ahh)
    Itís the call, word

Word up
    (ahh ahh)
    Everybody say
    Word up
    (ahh ahh)
    Itís the call, word

11. Once upon a time, I confronted a young man over smoking next to the gas pumps in a station where I was filling up. He took exception to my suggestions and his father got involved too, threatening to call the cops on me. I told him, "Go ahead, I'm sure they will be interested in how the fire codes are being broken here; or if you want, I'll call them for you!" They immediately backed down, put out the cigarette, and sulked. The point is, I was at that point a sheep dog.

I have to say I think the Sheep Dog concept covers a broader territory than just firearms. Some times its just about speaking out against wrongs around us; not giving tacit permission with our silence. I think its about standing up against evil no matter how it manifests! Certainly it covers someone abusing a child or wife (or anyone, really) I think its about civic duty. About actually accepting jury duty because we need principled people on the jury who Can and Will think for themselves. Its about educating yourself about your rights and then acting as if they mattered! How about informed voting. There's a whole topic in itself. By our action & inaction, whether we intend it or not, we set a standard for society and maybe more importantly, the children in our society.I could go on but I think that gives us the idea. It's not just shoot/don't shoot, but good citizenship.

Having said all that, there is still the decision of when to get involved, or, like all political decisions, where do we draw the line?

Food for thought, to be sure.
    Be strong
    Last edited by Hoganbeg; 07-27-2011 at 08:39 PM. Reason: spelling/grammar

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast