When seconds count. Police are only 1.5 hours away.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When seconds count. Police are only 1.5 hours away.

When seconds count. Police are only 1.5 hours away.

If this doesn't scream for every individual's inalienable right to self defense and not depending on police and/or government to protect you, I don't know what does.

Norway Gunman Fired For 1.5 Hours On Island

OSLO, Norway -- Police arrived at an island massacre about an hour and a half after a gunman first opened fire, slowed because they didn't have quick access to a helicopter and then couldn't find a boat to make their way to the scene just several hundred yards offshore. The assailant surrendered when police finally reached him, but 82 people died before that.
    A man's life, liberty, and property are only safe when the legislature is NOT in session. Will Rogers

The number of people killed or injured in a criminal mass shooting depends on how much time it takes for another person with a gun to arrive at the scene.
    A man's life, liberty, and property are only safe when the legislature is NOT in session. Will Rogers

I had thought about posting this myself, but I agree with you. He was able to kill 90 people before the police arrived. This makes me think of the Gifford shooting in Tuscon, more people need to realize that these incidents may not have occurred near them, it should be an eye opener for people to be more aware of your right to protect yourself.
    Sic vis pacem, para bellum

Police are minutes away, but Smith & Wesson is here now!!!My Motto.
    Turn Adversity Into Advantage NC Hunter Safety Instructor
    NC Conceal Carry Instructor

There is only one condition, that is condition 1. Any other condition allows the split second advantage you may need to stay alive to fly away on the wind of "I am afraid it will go off accidentally" or " I am just not comfortable carrying that way". GET OVER IT, or be prepared for the consequences.
    Being Prepared in not always comfortable.!!

when I first saw this story on the news, I had two thoughts. 1, this could very well happen here. 2, and the U.N. wants to remove our 2nd admendment rights. This is a very sad story that took way too long to end.

And the shooter was dressed like a cop.
    War to the Knife, Knife to the hilt.
    If we don't want to live in a trashy area, we all have to be willing to help pick up the trash.

My prayers go out to those affected by this mass shooting.

I hope those in power there see this in the proper perspective and allow Norwegians to carry guns. If only a few folks had guns this would not have been as horrific as it turned out to be.

Based on Norway's current position at UN ATT talks of including all weapons, including sports & hunting weapons, and ammunition in the arms trade treaty, it does not look promising.

10. there was a news helo taking video,,why couldn't they go get SWAT and take them to the island to stop this?

News service is the ones trying to stop weapons in hands of the people,they spent time making a news story instead of saving lives. Notice to UN and Our Government, I will never surrender my weapon to become a lamb to the slaughter.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast