Need help.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need help.

1. Need help.

I went out to the range today and still having difficulty getting it constantly in the black. The sight picture I use is the one everyone and everywhere states. The rear sights and front sights top edges level with one another. Is that correct? Well looking at my group on the target used today, They are nice and close but all on the bottom edge of the target. Some elsewhere as I was trying to adjust. I had my son help with a digital level to measure the angle of the gun with the "proper" sight picture. It measured 2 degrees (+-1) low. My question is how much change at 40 feet would that be? I think pretty close to what I am seeing. Any comments? help me brainstorm this because i can shoot other guns with simmular results but all in the black. any thought welcome thanks :)Need help.-target.jpg

you do not tell distance from target. Are you standing 25 yards from target? Just concentrate on the red circle you show on your target, instead of the black. You do not advise if weapon has adjustment for elevation.

What is your sight picture? Are you "lolly-popping" it or covering your target? At 40 feet you shouldn't have this much drop.

For pistols the front sight should cover up where you want to hit, and one way I've heard to use your sights is "float the dot, shoot the shot." If the front sight is in between the rear sights and the front dot is floating from the bottom of the rear sight you should be good.

Do you have three dot sights? Both of my guns, Smith and Wesson and Sig, have them. I put the front dot on the center of my target.

6. Tremendito, the distance is 13 yards and there is just adjustment for windage.
    Imrambi, I am keeping dot on the orange. What i have been seeing on the sights is that the top edges of the back sights and the top edge of the front sight are even and level.

7. Supernois, yes they are 3 dot sights with the sight level and the dot on the orange.

Do you have a pistol rest? Shooting low is usually an anticipation of recoil. The goal would be to make sure its the gun and not you.

9. inside range @ 25 feet. much better with the tips given. Thank you
    Need help.-target2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by imrambi View Post
    Do you have a pistol rest? Shooting low is usually an anticipation of recoil. The goal would be to make sure its the gun and not you.
    This is usually it. What type of gun and caliber? If you have a compact type pistol it will really show up!

Psalm 82:3-5

Have you tried snap caps? Have a friend load them randomly, see if you are anticipating/twitching?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast