Just Wondering - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Just Wondering

1. There are multiple mechanisms by which a person may not know that they have received a serious injury. There are several types of pain receptors and regulation for the supression of pain in both the brain and spinal cord pain may be physiologically blocked by several mechanisms. Some operate like a blown circuit breaker, massive pain signal overloads the system and messages are not passed upwards to the brain. Massive trauma can destroy pain receptors and while they send one big signal they cannot send anything else because they no longer function. Lastly the brain can simply choose to ignore massive pain signals because after all the perception of pain associated with fatal or near fatal trauma contributes nothing to survival and may in fact be both debilitating and detrimental to survival.
    "Get this through your head! We're not fighting to have everybody think the way we do, we're fighting so that people can think whatever they want! Even if they don't agree with us!"--Stalker, GI JOE #39

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen:216695
    I tied Google searching it but came up with nothing. Can someone post a link.

Where did the 9mm's hit? Where did the .45's hit?
    Try this link http://www.thegunzone.com/11april86.html

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by SPEAR-99 View Post
    Mr. Gain,

You are correct with your point.
    Now, that you cannot pocket carry the shotgun, the idea of a compact 9mm or .40/,45 is a good second.
    Here we go - I found a way to carry it...

Andrews Custom Leather (Select FIREPOWER RIG from left menu)

Hehe - probably just as illegal in your state as it is in mine. But for those times when you're anticipating a really bad day..
    S&W M&P 45; Ruger GP100 .357 Magnum; Charter Arms .38 Undercover
    http://www.usacarry.com/forums/members/phillip-gain-albums-phil-s-photos-picture3828-reciprocity-map-29jun11.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Gain View Post
    Here we go - I found a way to carry it...

Andrews Custom Leather (Select FIREPOWER RIG from left menu)

Hehe - probably just as illegal in your state as it is in mine. But for those times when you're anticipating a really bad day..
    That was cute...but you'd have to wear a burka to be able to make it conform to conceal and carry...
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

I hope never to be able to answer your question with personal experience. I will just say yes and forgo the scientific testing on my part.
    Due to the increased cost of Ammunition I will be forced to discontinue warning shots as of now! USAF Chief Master Sergeant, Retired, 1979-2005

It doesn't just take drugs to get you "hyped up" enough to feel no pain. I'm told it is common in the heat of a firefight and I personally saw a Navy Corpsman take a couple of hits while he was trying to aid some of our people during an ambush/firefight. Didn't even seem to notice until we had to pull him out of there.

That kind of stuff is SPOOKY!

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

Quote Originally Posted by johnmed3:216907
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen:216695
    I tied Google searching it but came up with nothing. Can someone post a link.

Where did the 9mm's hit? Where did the .45's hit?
    Try this link http://www.thegunzone.com/11april86.html
    That was a interesting firefight. Seemed long guns did the damage, until everyone was dead or almost dead..then they gimped to each other to deal final shots with a handgun.

I believe the whitehall incident is different. Any links to that?

I talked to one of the medical examiners in my county. He also dealt with the aftermath of an intense shooting. The bg took around 30 rounds as well, but the bullet that caused death was a single .223 that entered the left shoulder, went through both lungs, the heart, and exited the lower right side.

A hit with a .22 is better than a miss with a hand grenade (i forget which member loves that saying...g50?). A critical hit with a 380 is better than a .45 to the arm.

9. On this last deployment we had a soldier shot in the head/Kevlar by a sniper. No one including the soldier shot even new it was a hit till they got back to base. As soon as the shot was heard everyone reacted by taking cover. Upon returning to base they found the damage to the Kevlar, and she looked like she had been punched on the head a couple times by Mike Tyson, black and blue swollen eyes for a few weeks. Stress and adrenaline can have a huge affect on what is felt and or noticed.

10. the incident was in the 80's i think and it was with 9mm ILL state police the ammo was blamed it did not expand went right on in and out little holes. I read about it back when I was a cop.
    I was not a 9mm fan after that and switched to a 45.
    fell in lovew/the 1911. still am.
    OH and I am saving for a kimber.
    not sure tactical or crimson carry ( NOT just for the lazer I like the grip and look of that gun.)
    the Lazer is a toy to play with on the range sometimes and you never know a red dot might help to stop a badguy without killing him. but i do like the set up of the other gun it has three dot night sight and open mag well. If I get the crimson carry i will get a gunsmith to add the three dots and a open mag well.

Quote Originally Posted by Grognard Gunny View Post
    It doesn't just take drugs to get you "hyped up" enough to feel no pain. I'm told it is common in the heat of a firefight and I personally saw a Navy Corpsman take a couple of hits while he was trying to aid some of our people during an ambush/firefight. Didn't even seem to notice until we had to pull him out of there.

That kind of stuff is SPOOKY!

GG
    the Doc's are somthing else!
    The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast