Just Wondering
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just Wondering

Just Wondering

I have heard of some people being shot and they say "I felt something but I didn't know I was shot". When I hear this I say that they must have been shot with a very small caliber bullet, like a 22. Thats why I have a 9mm and a glock 27 40cal. If I have to shoot someone I want that person to know he have been shot. I was wondering is it possible for a person to be shot with a large caliber bullet and not know he was shot??

Its very possible. In the heat of the moment shock might not settle in inmediatly.
    Also if the individual is pumped up on drugs (pcp meth) he will not go easy.
    Google whitehall incident (FL) Were a perp pumped up on drugs took 33 hits with 9mm from the responding officers. Once the swat team arraived they took him down with .45 ACP.

"One shot stops" with a pistol are not common. Keep shooting until there is no longer a threat. And an eight inch pattern on your attacker's chest is way better than a two inch pattern, because you have more organ systems being disrupted.

This is why I use a shotgun for home defense. With one blast of #1 or #00buck shot from a 12 gauge, you accomplish about the same amount of damage as EIGHT shots from a .380 pistol.

Something to think about.
    S&W M&P 45; Ruger GP100 .357 Magnum; Charter Arms .38 Undercover
    http://www.usacarry.com/forums/members/phillip-gain-albums-phil-s-photos-picture3828-reciprocity-map-29jun11.JPG

5. Mr. Gain,

You are correct with your point.
    Now, that you cannot pocket carry the shotgun, the idea of a compact 9mm or .40/,45 is a good second.
    'I have met one person in life that fits two of the best features ever...... An AMERICAN SOLDIER'

I tied Google searching it but came up with nothing. Can someone post a link.

Where did the 9mm's hit? Where did the .45's hit?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnLM View Post
    I have heard of some people being shot and they say "I felt something but I didn't know I was shot". When I hear this I say that they must have been shot with a very small caliber bullet, like a 22. Thats why I have a 9mm and a glock 27 40cal. If I have to shoot someone I want that person to know he have been shot. I was wondering is it possible for a person to be shot with a large caliber bullet and not know he was shot??
    No...because a larger caliber bullet will kill instantly even before the perp knows it...(now that was a silly response on my part. sorry...)
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Detroit 45 acp Guest
    The correct answer is yes you can be shot and there is not any instant effect!!!!!! We had a Guy walk in to the Detroit police precinct with a shotgun getting off several shots and being shot multiple times himself before he dropped its on YouTube check for yourself!!!!!! After he died they tested him NO DRUGS OR ALCOHOL IN HIS SYSTEM!!!!!!

Example... My father was a USDA meat inspector. He watched a guy cutting meat with a band saw, take off two fingers. First one on the first swipe and before my dad could yell at the guy, he did it again! After the second, when he was being yelled at, he finally realized what he did. Then he started yelping! I can't imagine that someone who is pumped up is going to be a lot different in the initail seconds unless they some how get staggered or knocked off their feet. They might lose concentration then and realize they were hurt.
    Just my .02....

Psalm 82:3-5

Quote Originally Posted by SPEAR-99 View Post
    Mr. Gain,

You are correct with your point.
    Now, that you cannot pocket carry the shotgun, the idea of a compact 9mm or .40/,45 is a good second.
    Yeah - I've been looking all over the place for a decent pocket holster for my Mossberg 500. I cannot find one, even for the short (18.5") barrel.

See below for what I'm carrying in the meantime. :)
    S&W M&P 45; Ruger GP100 .357 Magnum; Charter Arms .38 Undercover
    http://www.usacarry.com/forums/members/phillip-gain-albums-phil-s-photos-picture3828-reciprocity-map-29jun11.JPG

Trench coat with an inside pocket works great for a shotgun... dont you watch movies?

Carry the biggest handgun you can stand to carry and not leave home because it is a pain in the butt/too much hassle......IOW, ALWAYS carry something! Or multiple somethings!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast