4 shot after George Clinton show in Ohio
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 4 shot after George Clinton show in Ohio

4 shot after George Clinton show in Ohio

4 shot after George Clinton show in Ohio; 1 dies - http://news.yahoo.com/4-shot-george-clinton-show-ohio-1-dies-140419279.html

"Bring on 'da Funk!"
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." T. Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by boatme98 View Post
    "Bring on 'da Funk!"
    If that was an attempt to be cute, it failed.

5. Would it be different if he said da cracker? Probably would not here a peep.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

Quote Originally Posted by wooddoctor View Post
    Would it be different if he said da cracker? Probably would not here a peep.
    Guns in the hands of the wrong people is a deadly thing! Be it Black, white red or green!! Death is a equal rights employer!!! And so is stupidity!

Quote Originally Posted by wooddoctor View Post
    Would it be different if he said da cracker? Probably would not here a peep.
    Do you even know who George Clinton is or about the music he's associated with? boatme98 quoted one of his lyrics, albeit apparently in poor taste given the unfortunate news of a shooting. If you feel the need to play a race card, go for it. It only shows where your head is, no one else's. Besides, who says "da cracker" anyway?

I'm not going to play the race card either; because this is NOT a game of cards! (THIS is a deadly serious subject!)

But, some people in the black community need to really open there eyes and realize "race" definitely plays a factor in a lot of cases like this. I suspect this may be drug or gang related; though I really don't know.

But, let's be honest, how often have heard about someone being shot & killed after a "Toby Kieth", "Kid Rock" or other "white" entertainer's performance?

IMHO; there is absoluetly nothing "racist" about such an observation.

I think it would be very wise for some of our "community organizers" to open their eyes and take an honest look at REAL problems in the black community.

I am poor white guy; who has worked with the poor and impovered in the community. I've let several "black" ex-cons live in my house for months (with my wife & children). I've also given them jobs; or helped them find jobs. I have helped several get a new start.

But, it seems that the only thing most "black" political & religious leaders want to do is place "BLAME" on people like GW Bush, White CEOs and other such scapegoats.

Reps, like James Clyburn (whom I once shared an office with), Al Shapton, Rev Wright and others are the kinds of people I'm talking about. These people are more about complaining than they actually are about trying to solve the REAL problems in there own community.

If people in the black community could get past Obamas race, they would see that he falls into the "complainer" catagory as well. The only thing he has done since being elected, is complain and pass the blame on others. Their Dear POTUS and so-called messiah of the black community has FAILED them miserably! (That my friends is the honest to God TRUTH!!!)

As anyone who has ever "successfully" fought an addiction can attest to--, the FIRST step to FREEDOM is: being honest about the REAL problem; YOU! Afterall, ultimately it is "you" (as an individual) that decides to drink, take drugs, join a gang AND even remain impoversed. It is "YOU" as an individual that will stand before GOD. Believe me, excuses like: it was George Bush's fauly; or the republicans, the white oppressed me is NOT going to cut it once you are before Almighty God!

The blame game is really getting OLD!

It's time true "LEADERSHIP" steps up and takes control. (White or Black!)

BTW; I've been a big fan of artist like George Clinton since the 70's.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by tcox4freedom View Post
    I'm not going to play the race card either; because this is NOT a game of cards! (THIS is a deadly serious subject!)

But, someone in the black community need to really open there eyes and realize "race" definitely plays a factor in a lot of cases like this. I suspect this may be drug or gang related; though I really don't know. I don't think this should be a race debate. At this moment I'm at a lost for names but can you remember the guy who shot the congress woman from Arz. The incident in Columbine and others. There are bad apples in every race and Everybody should be looking for solutions and not blame I think its time the issue of race should die. We're ALL Americans!!!! This is the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!!

But, let's be honest, how often have heard about someone being shot & killed after a "Toby Kieth", "Kid Rock" or other "white" entertainer's performance?

IMHO; there is absoluetly nothing "racist" about such an observation.

I think it would be very wise for some of our "community organizers" to open there eyes and take an honest look at REAL problems in the black community. But, it seems all they want to do is place "BLAME" on people like GW Bush, White CEOs and other such scapegoats.

As anyone who has ever "successfully" fought an addiction can attest to, the FIRST step in being honest about the REAL problem; YOU!

Afterall, ultimately it is "you" (as an individual) that decides to drink, take drugs, join a gang AND even remain impoversed.

The blame game is really getting OLD! It's time true "LEADERSHIP" steps up and takes control.

BTW; I've been a big fan of artist like George Clinton since the 70's.
    -
    THE ISSUE OF RACE SHOULD DIE! We're all Americans

I can't recall names at the moment but you remember the guy who shot the Congress woman from Arz. The incident at Columbine and others. There are bad apples in every race and EVERYONE should be looking for solutions and not blame!!!!

When I saw the title of this thread, I pretty much knew that it was going to go here. On the other hand, forums like this is where things need to be said because you sure as heck can't address them anywhere else.

First off, these kind of tragedies can happen to any race, as is witnessed by the recent shootings at a kids birthday party. Anyone who thinks that shootings are a "black" issue simply has their head up their a$$.

On the other hand, it does seem that certain races have the highest incidences of this kind of crime. I live in Omaha, Nebraska, home of the infamous "Von Maur" shooting. This was done by a disturbed white kid. We also had a school shooting that involved a white kid that took the life of one of the school administrators. Both made national news. However, the continuous, night after night drone of shootings that occur in this town are NOT predominately white. They are black-on-black shootings in the predominately black section of town. And the frequency of these is such that it does not seem that "they" can hold a parade, concert, or even a large family reunion without gunfire erupting. One person even said "wherever two or more blacks are gathered together for any reason, there will be gunfire". Is this true? Absolutely NOT! But is it "racist"? I don't know. While I believe that stereotyping of any kind is wrong, particularly when you paint EVERYONE in that group with the same brush, I do believe that the stereotypes would not exist if there was not some basis for them. I am somewhat antisocial and tend to avoid groups of people of any race or creed as a matter of principal. But I will go to great lengths to avoid some groups of people that have a particularly high reputation for violence. Does this make me racist, or just cautious?

As gun owners, I believe that we have to be particularly careful about how we express ourselves, and possibly how we think about the above issues. I made the above points for a purpose. It was not to upset our black friends on this forum, but to set up what I have to write next. People, we as gun owners are a "group", and there are people who say the same things about us as we often say about other groups of people. Not every shooting is committed by a black man, but every shooting IS committed by a gun owner. You cannot have one without the other. If we consider how we feel when we hear some libtard say that all guns should be banned because gun owners just end up getting people killed, we can get some feeling of how decent black people (who I believe constitute the majority of black people) feel when we allow ourselves to comment on the issue of black violence in the terms I so often see on shooting forums. The black community is just about as powerless to stop black violence as gun owners are to stop the misuse and criminal use of firearms. We do what we can, and that is why some of us carry. I will not be a helpless victim of gun violence regardless of what color the attacker is. My .45 is capable of killing all races equally. In many ways, our situation is easier to take care of. I CAN go down and purchase a handgun. I CAN get the training to use it. I CAN get a permit to carry it. Some of the problems in our inner cities do not have as easy of a solution.

I guess that in some ways, I really don't know what the point is of the above ramble. I am just in that mood today. However, it is a battle that I fight within myself every day. I have numerous black friends, and I, too, am a big fan of George Clinton, Bootsy Collins and other black artists. Having played Jazz trombone for many years, I cannot help but have a great respect for the black music community and the gifts that they have given us. However, as a confession, when I read the article, I have to admit that the first thought that came to mind was "no *****". Does that make me racist, or just confused?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast