It arrived! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: It arrived!

1. Right on!

Now get thee hence to thine Wal-Mart! :icon_cheesygrin:

ALWAYS carry! ~ NEVER tell!

Who did you call about your status? Dept. of Agg. I assume. Did they tell you anything about when your permit would come or where you were at?

And congrats!
    Unapologetic American
    NRA/IDPA/USPSA/GSSF

sweet day. congrats! and may you never have to use it.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    Who did you call about your status? Dept. of Agg. I assume. Did they tell you anything about when your permit would come or where you were at?

And congrats!
    Quote Originally Posted by http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/contacts/faq.html#Q2
    If you have applied for a concealed weapon or firearm license, you can check the status of your application by calling our Public Inquiry Section at (850) 245-5691.
    Thanks everyone for the kind words. I dug up an old belt of mine that works good, it has two pins/holes and is rather thick.
    Gun control: Forcing a 95lb woman to fist fight a 300lb rapist

Congrats to you on securing your FL CCP. I think most of us can relate to that waiting game. Oh, the anticipation! :icon_rolleyes: I think I looked every day when the mail came, including the day I mailed off my application!
    I know a man by the name of Mel;
    he can't see but he sure do smell.

Congrats! Check out the Acker dress belt. I have had mine for over a year now and no problems. Very reasonably priced as well. They are not extremely thick like many gun belts, but have a reinforcement in them.

http://www.copquest.com/24-0500.htm
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

congrats on your FL CWP enoy it and keep vigilant
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence ... From the hour the Pilgrims landed, to the present day, events, occurrences, and tendencies prove that to insure peace, security and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable . . . the very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that is good" (George Washington)

Congrats! I'm about to take my class here soon so my friend and I are about to get our fingerprints done electronically so my question is...

Did you go the same route or did you do traditional fingerprinting?

I was told that electronic fingerprinting would make the permit come in sooner.

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Hallow; 04-02-2008 at 11:43 PM.

Thumbs up

I did them electronically, its supposed to speed up the processing time and it only cost me $36 rather than the ~$48 or so the ink processing would have cost. You have to pay for the prints online at home with a credit card and you have to print out the receipt to mail in with your application. Once you have the receipt for the prints, attach it to the card you get at the Sheriff's station. You still get a fingerprint card to send in as well, only your fingerprints are printed onto it in a printer rather than directly inked on with your fingers.

Alright, I think that's pretty clear, other than saying "print" like 40 times in that paragraph. If you have any other questions I'd be glad to help. :)
    Gun control: Forcing a 95lb woman to fist fight a 300lb rapist

My FL permit came in just under 60 days. They said it could take up to 90, but I'm still glad. It takes FL less time to issue a CCW permit to a non-resident than it takes the average police department in New Jersey to issue a purchase permit (here you need a separate permit to purchase each handgun you intend to buy. Good luck getting one in less than 4 months).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast