Hi Point Firearms
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hi Point Firearms

1. Question Hi Point Firearms

Whats the feel on HiPoint handguns They are very low priced is it a good gun for the money?

3. Jam-o-matic

I bought a. 380, it fails to eject 20-30% of the time.
    I was told once it broke in it would get better. I've ran about 500 rounds and no better.
    I know someone who has one and loves it.
    I think it is pretty much a crap-shoot if you get a good one or not.

Theres a reason they are in pawn shops for less than a hundred dollars buy a used quality gun before this crap!

5. I had one some time back it was junk.
    Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
    is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist '.

I'm a firm believer in the old adage, "You get what you pay for," which also applies to firearms. I had two Hi Point 9mm pistols im the past, and both were pieces of crap. I suppose a Hi Point is better than no gun at all, but when you consider that your life could be at stake, you want somehing that you can be fairly confident will go bang every time. I think if you're budget-conscious, maybe you should look at a Ruger. Rugers are quality guns, and you can get one brand new for around $400.

Most of those that say anything bad about them actually never even shot or owned one.......

They have some good and bad things going for them...

The Good:
    Cheap price
    Lifetime 100% warranty
    If it does break, you could still use it as a weapon (club) because it weighs a ton......

The Bad..
    They are not extremely reliable....
    Very heavy
    Hard to conceal (if that concerns you)
    not very high magazine capacities

I have owned a High Point 45 myself, never had a single malfunction at all...........

I currently own one of the 9mm carbines, also zero malfunctions, and it is an absolute blast to shoot......

Would I personally buy another one of their pistols? Well, if my situation doesnt drastically change in the future, probably not,.. mainly because of the size/weight issue also, I have all the pistols I need at the moment....... ( do NOT tell my wife this!)

A High Point would not be my first choice if I had enough money for a Higher caliber (quality) make.... If it is all you can afford at the moment, you could do much worse in my opinion..... If you do decide to get one, put it through a good workout to prove to yourself it is reliable.....

8. Had a 9mm it shot everytime I pulled the trigger
    Guess you got a 50/50 shot at a good one its only $150

I've used the .45 model before at the range, ran about 100 rounds through with zero failures. Haven't tried the 9mm or .380 so idk about those. The .45 is my Brother-in-law's gun and he's never complained about it, he's owned it for about 4 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

On another note... it is a good option if you're looking to have spare pistols at the ready for either back-up(not CCW purposes mind you) due to primary weapon malfuctions & failures, or to pass out to friends and family in post-SHTF, or for bartering in either good times and bad.

I own a few "cheap" weapons and y'know what... they work outstanding!!! I have an Arcus 98 DAC 9mm, flawless pistol based on the Browning Hi-Power! A Llama .380 that's 20+ years old and still going, and a Century Arms AK74 that I'd put up againts any other assualt rifle out there.

I have really considered buying some Hi-Point pistols for for the reasons above.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

We have some carbines and a pistol and the worst I can say about them is that the carbines have occasional jams and they all are a bit harder to field strip than I would like.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast