what do you carry beside your gun, ccw permitt , dl and ammo.-flashlight??? - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: what do you carry beside your gun, ccw permitt , dl and ammo.-flashlight???

Quote Originally Posted by mappow View Post
    The sink, what about the Kitchen Sink?
    Too heavy...My legs are two short, can't drag it all over the place. No space in my backseats because beloved doggie is with us too...
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

I shouldn't be so cynical, but some posts sound like they're gearing up for DEF-CON 4 just to go to the local store. BUT with that said, IF some people feel the need then so be it. IT IS your right!
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

On me: Pistol, maybe an extra mag, paperwork.

Trunk/tool box: shovel, duct tape, rope, trash bags, bleach, and a sh!t load of lye.

Lol, not really... I've got water, extra engine oil, coolant, jumper cables, wool blanket, cargo straps, first-aid kit, bungie cords, and there may be some ammo in there somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

5. On my person... wallet, permit, San Mai boot knife, and cell phone
    Vehicle... a first responder bag, 3 day bugout bag for two people, Saiga 12 gauge w/three full magazines, various assorted survival tools, one month freeze dried food for two.

(yes, I'm a 'prepper')

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    A monkey
    Brass monkey?!?

And a Taser so you can so you can "Shock the Monkey"

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    You need a monkey
    Shock the monkey to life
    Shock the monkey to life

Cover me when I run
    Cover me through the fire
    Something knocked me out' the trees
    Now I'm on my knees
    Cover me, darling please
    Monkey, monkey, monkey
    Don't you know when you're going to shock the monkey

Fox the fox
    Rat the rat
    You can ape the ape
    I know about that
    There is one thing you must be sure of
    I can't take any more
    Darling, don't you monkey with the monkey
    Monkey, monkey, monkey
    Don't you know you're going to shock the monkey

Wheels keep turning
    Something's burning
    Don't like it but I guess I'm learning

Shock! - watch the monkey get hurt, monkey

Cover me, when I sleep
    Cover me, when I breathe
    You throw your pearls before the swine
    Make the monkey blind
    Cover me, darling please
    Monkey, monkey, monkey
    Don't you know you're going to shock the monkey

Too much at stake
    Ground beneath me shake
    And the news is breaking

Shock! - watch the monkey get hurt, monkey

Shock the monkey
    Shock the monkey
    Shock the monkey to life

8. It ain't nearly as much overkill as you make it out to be.

I'm left handed, so I can't get to my carry gun in the truck because of the door and contour of the seat, so I keep one in the console (hence the extra pistol). I keep a box or 2 of ammunition locked up in the toolbox in case I get to drop by the range because some client cancels and I suddenly have a free afternoon. One little knife in the front pocket and one bigger one in the back is just me keeping in touch with my trailer park heritage. Back then, it was a little one for working with and a big one for fighting with. I just move it to the off side instead of the back pocket. The rest of the truck gear is proof of lessons learned from being stuck in the woods or on the side of the road due to a breakdown. You just don't realize what you really need until you end up in the situation.

2 pistols, 2 knives, truck keys, house keys, pack of lifesavers, 5 condoms, and $1000 in fives. I don't move real fast, but when I get goin' I'm hard to stop!
    "When war does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard."
    Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

10. Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    If you carry a gun you need to also carry a cell phone. Those two go together, no exceptions. If you ever pull your gun you immediately call 911 and give your side of the story first. The rest is optional.
    Quoted for Truth. I hadn't thought about this until I took my CHL class. It's such a "well, DUH!" thing it's amazing I hadn't thought of it before. If you ever even PULL your gun anywhere unexpected (aka: not at a range,) make sure YOU call 911 to explain what is going on. Always refer to yourself as the "victim" (or "bystander", as the case may be,) and the person you pulled against as the "suspect". Don't allow the police officer to brand you the suspect because you had the weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by mappow View Post
    I shouldn't be so cynical, but some posts sound like they're gearing up for DEF-CON 4 just to go to the local store. BUT with that said, IF some people feel the need then so be it. IT IS your right!
    Defcon goes from 5 down. 4 would be a slightly heightened state of alert.
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast