what do you carry beside your gun, ccw permitt , dl and ammo.-flashlight??? - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: what do you carry beside your gun, ccw permitt , dl and ammo.-flashlight???

Just my gun.
    ~ Truth Is Hate To Those Who Hate The Truth ~

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    Just my gun.
    "This is my weapon, this is my gun, one is for fighting, one is for fun.
    Heard in boot camp 36 years ago.
    Last edited by fudo; 08-13-2011 at 02:51 AM. Reason: sp
    War to the Knife, Knife to the hilt.
    If we don't want to live in a trashy area, we all have to be willing to help pick up the trash.

My Glock, a spare mag, wallet(carry permit and everything else inside),SOG knife, LED Mini-Maglite, keys, cell phone.

Quote Originally Posted by fudo View Post
    I heard it in boot camp 50 years ago.
    ~ Truth Is Hate To Those Who Hate The Truth ~

Besides the firearm, the cellphone is indispensable. How else will I summon law enforcement while the bad guy(s) lay face down?

Quote Originally Posted by rhymes View Post
    Besides the firearm, the cellphone is indispensable. How else will I summon law enforcement while the bad guy(s) lay face down?
    Surprising how many in this thread have talked about all the other accessories to go with a gun but fail to mention the cellphone. An experience I once heard demonstrated this. A fellow was leaving a late movie when he was approached in the parking lot by a man claiming he had a gun in his coat pocket trying to rob him. The GG pulled back his coat to display his gun and the BG took off running. Before he could get to his car and leave the parking lot the cops showed up. It seems that the BG had called the police and reported that he had been robbed by a man with a gun fitting the description of the GG. Now if that happened to you how would you convince the police that you were the GG. This actually happened to a fellow around the Atlanta area.

Red face Monkey Phonics

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    You need a monkey
    Do you also need a monkey sized drum set?

Quote Originally Posted by whitetiger View Post
    What do you carry besides your gun.
    I use to just carry the 45 and mags and paperwork.
    now i have a flashlight and first aid kit and blanket, flares and a lot of stuff in my car. It just kept getting more and more stuff in there in this cardboard box. My Girl said if you have a big box it will get full cause you will add things, if its small not so much ends up in there. LOL I am thinking she is right but want to see if it is me or as you carry longer it just happens.

OH!!! and duck tape!!!
    First and above all else is common sense, whichever firearm I decide to carry I will pack two extra mags and or speedloaders, cell phone that is fully charged. I also take a BUG either a Walther PPS 9, or PPK 32 auto both with one extra mag, water.

If out hunting .308 Encore, .44 mag, .357 mag, my trusted old US Army K-Bar 7.5" fixed blade knife, ear and eye protetion, matches, canned food, cases of water, weather station radio or scanner, batteries, hand held GPS and compass, maps, air horn, shelter, fishing pole, first aid kit, snake bite kit, insect repellant and friend(s), rope, 100 mile an hour helecopter tape (Duck Tape) and a couple of boxes of ammunition for each my firearms. Of course if like me all my meds

Did I mention common sense. I also let my wife know where I will be (county, Indian Reservation, etc., and how long I expect to be gone.
    The Second Amendment is not about Hunting!!
    When the Government is afraid of of it's People, This LIBERTY
    When the People are afraid of the government, That is TYRANNY

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    I heard it in boot camp 50 years ago.
    Cows may come and cows may go, but the Bull goes on forever. They probably started that one in the revolutionary war.
    War to the Knife, Knife to the hilt.
    If we don't want to live in a trashy area, we all have to be willing to help pick up the trash.

11. Quote Originally Posted by fudo View Post
    Rare is the DI who hasn't said that.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast