I saw a 223 pistol today at the gun store.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I saw a 223 pistol today at the gun store.

1. I saw a 223 pistol today at the gun store.

I saw a 223,556 nato pistol today at the gun store. the shop guy said it was classed as a pistol. it was about 17 to 23 inchs long and from the pistol grip forward it looked like a rifle, no stock! you could put a sling on it and hang it under your coat. What do you think the cops would say!!!!OMG !!
    holy cow!! the kick on this must be real bad. no spring no stock just you holding on. with a mag wow.
    zombie killer.

3. LOL, calm down now. From what I have seen of those, that it classed as a pistol as long as the does not exceed 8 inches and as long as a shoulder stock is not added. You have the regular carbine buffer tube, just with a neoprene sleeve covering it. The buffer should be heavy one and the buffer spring more beefy to handle the recoil. Kick should not be too hard, but the noise that it will make will be loud.

You can find "pistols" in all sorts of rifle calibers. They're growing in popularity as home defense weapons. You get more bang from the larger round but in a smaller weapon package. As noted above, they're going to be louder and they'll have a huge muzzle flash owing to the fact that all the propellent won't burn in the shorter barrel.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

Savage striker? .223 is very lame in recoil.
    http://www.change.org/petitions/self...tate-residents
    NRA Life Member, SCOPE,SAF Join up!

before I would do that, if I had to have a 223 pistol it would be the FN 5.56 x 28... but then the specs are not much better than a .22 mag.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century
    "Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out!" Father John Corapi.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon View Post
    before I would do that, if I had to have a 223 pistol it would be the FN 5.56 x 28... but then the specs are not much better than a .22 mag.
    But the price of 22 mag ammo is a lot easier on the wallet. I would take a Kel Tec PMR-30 in a heartbeat.
    Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress;
    but I repeat myself.
    Mark Twain

8. this was not a m-16 type of gun it had no spring tube or stock. you would feel all the recoil.
    I will try to find a photo of it online. very scary looking gun. $1500.00 tag

9. it had no spring tube not a m-16 gun.

10. it's not a M-16 type no spring tube.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast