M&P or XD - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: M&P or XD

I've got the XD9 Service and love it. Tried the M&P and I'm impressed with it, too, but it did't fit into my purchase budget the last time around. So, Springfield Armory got my money, instead. The M&P will be my next purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernGal View Post
    I bought my first gun in May. I did my research and had it narrow down to four 9mm pistols - the Glock, Sig, M&P, and XDm. I was really leaning towards the M&P as my instructor highly recommended it, however, as soon as I held that XDm, I knew it was mine. Since then I've also added the XDm 9mm compact, which is what I use for carry. So my advice would be to try them both out - you'll know which one is the right one for you.
    DING! Correct... Touchy feely is the best way to decide... Shoot many choose one...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Get a Glock instead.

I have the M&P 40 Pro and love it!

Proud owner of a XDm .45 ACP. Wonderful to hold, wonderful to shoot. I researched the M&P, I may get one in .40.

M&P .45... Learn to roll yer own... Er... Reload.

Psalm 82:3-5

8. I have had both an XD and XDm and actually thought I would never give them up. I have probably owned everything at least once as i have benn carrying more than 40 years.

The first time I fired an M&P 9 I couldn't believe it. There is no getting around it, the XDm is a great pistol but the M&P 9 is phenomanal. I now have a 9c and I was one of the lucky ones that just got one of the 6,000 new S&W M&P 22s.
    Last edited by Budman; 08-24-2011 at 03:28 PM. Reason: spelling
    Bud
    A law abiding citizen of Illinois is a disarmed target waiting to become a victim

Hold both in your hand and see what "feels" better to you. For me, It's the XD. Fits my hand like a glove and point naturally like a 1911.

Blog Entries
    I cant believe I am about to say it, but go with the M&P. I would advise the XD, but with the fact it could cause you issues in your state, better to be judged by 12 using the "state approved" defense tools than go in with something else. Now I have to go wash my mouth out with soap and apologise to the tactical (5") and subcompact XD's in the house.
    My way is not better, it is just mine, your way is not better, it is just yours.
    Carry what your comfortable with, there is no "Supergun" Carry how your comfortable, open or concealed, so you have it with you when you need it

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    Smith & Wesson has been shown in past to be compromisers. ...I'll look it up, again, if someone insists and cannot take it upon themselves to research it.

Springfield Armory true blue, along with red and white.

I say XDM.
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast