**Flash Mob** - Page 5
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: **Flash Mob**

Quote Originally Posted by Iam2Taz View Post
    The opposite of courage in our society isn't cowardice. It is now conformity and compromise! (Borrowed from a friend.) Just sayin!
    True dat! I couldn't quite put my finger on it, but that sums up the whole of America's existence since September 11, 2001.
    "The 2nd amendment was never intended to allow private citizens to 'keep and bear arms'. If it had, there would have been wording such as 'the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed'." -- Ken Konecki on Usenet, on 27 Jul 1992

Hi all,
    My first post here so bear with me. Saw this happen in Ohio on the news as well. Do you remember the psunami that rocked Japan? Did you see any looters there? Me neither..its cause they know what respect is.

Flash mobs? The ACLU now says that they, the mobs, are only excersising their 1st ammendment rights. Sorry Cleveland, there is no hope for you. The ACLU has spoken. Well, just like in England, the entitlement society will have it's way.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Phildirt View Post
    Hi all,
    My first post here so bear with me. Saw this happen in Ohio on the news as well. Do you remember the psunami that rocked Japan? Did you see any looters there? Me neither..its cause they know what respect is.
    OR the media didn't show it.
    There were looters after the tsunami in Japan.
    Some broke open ATMs, some stole fuel out of cars, and some stole items out of homes.

Granted the looting was much much less in Japan then it is in other places, but to say it didn't happen is just untrue.

6. It looked to me like maybe some of them didn't take anything. My guess would be if you locked them in they'd set the place on fire. Another possibility would be the ones who didn't take anything would complain that they were illegally detained. Dye spray as they leave would be an option. IF THE COPS FINALLY SHOW UP and feel like looking for the thieves. The cops said they could not identify anyone from the tapes but if so, why have the security cam. The monkeys probably didn't go far to consume their goodies so if the cops were prompt, they could have found them not far away. Maybe followed a trail of ice cream bar drippings from the store to the hideout.

Exclamation Activate the Lightning Field

I think that Emperor Meng "The Merciless" had the right idea when his wedding was being interupted by a Flash (Ah-ah) Gordon Mob. Activate the city's lightning field and start firing the cannons. Having Queen play the wedding march on guitar was a nice touch too.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD13 View Post
    Flash mobs? The ACLU now says that they, the mobs, are only excersising their 1st ammendment rights. Sorry Cleveland, there is no hope for you. The ACLU has spoken. Well, just like in England, the entitlement society will have it's way.
    Well, there it is. Should it happen to me, in my neck of the woods, the "entitlement society" will wind up short a few practicioners. Only exercising my 2nd Ammendment rights, don't ya know? (Ya GOTTA love the "Castle Doctrine", makes my life so much easier knowing that I can PROTECT it as necessary.)

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

lock the door

Lock the door and call the cops. Pull out your AR-15 and wait. Oh wait that's not politically correct. ACLU can f o too. Those damn zombies need a lesson in manners.

blah blah blah

Sorry to be rude but that is all a bunch of malarky.

Out of curiosity: I wonder what "tactics" will have to be employed to counter this latest social malady? It is obviously something that society cannot allow to continue unchallanged.

Maybe relax the "rules of enguagement" to include defence of property?

At the very least insurance companies are really going to press to "get something done" about the current "fad". (Either that or we ALL end up paying higher insurance rates!)

At the most, if nothing is done to contain this, it will only embolden others to mimic the behavior.... After all, there is security in numbers and the potential "down sides" are only pertinent if caught and convicted. (Further tying up an already overstrained court system.)

You tell me.

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast