**Flash Mob** - Page 6
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: **Flash Mob**

[QUOTE=MIL-SPEC 45;220748]That's what insurance is for not worth taking a life property can be replaced!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE

Yes property can be replaced by insurance companies. But what about the bigger picture here? The fact this behavior shouldn't be condoned, that we as a society have a moral obligation to not allow or let this happen. Just because we can get it "replaced" doesn't make it right.

What if the next time this flash mob enters your home, starts to take all your belongings? will you sit on the floor (because they took your couch) and call State Farm?

What would you have done if you were in the 7-11 and this occurred? Or your wife? Would you let them help themselves to her purse?

Quote Originally Posted by Grognard Gunny View Post
    Out of curiosity: I wonder what "tactics" will have to be employed to counter this latest social malady? It is obviously something that society cannot allow to continue unchallanged.

Maybe relax the "rules of enguagement" to include defence of property?

At the very least insurance companies are really going to press to "get something done" about the current "fad". (Either that or we ALL end up paying higher insurance rates!)

At the most, if nothing is done to contain this, it will only embolden others to mimic the behavior.... After all, there is security in numbers and the potential "down sides" are only pertinent if caught and convicted. (Further tying up an already overstrained court system.)

You tell me.

GG
    Tactics? Plenty of Fox Labs Pepperspray, used liberally.
    A man's life, liberty, and property are only safe when the legislature is NOT in session. Will Rogers

[QUOTE=ech110;221425]
    Quote Originally Posted by MIL-SPEC 45 View Post
    That's what insurance is for not worth taking a life property can be replaced!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE

Yes property can be replaced by insurance companies. But what about the bigger picture here? The fact this behavior shouldn't be condoned, that we as a society have a moral obligation to not allow or let this happen. Just because we can get it "replaced" doesn't make it right.

What if the next time this flash mob enters your home, starts to take all your belongings? will you sit on the floor (because they took your couch) and call State Farm?

What would you have done if you were in the 7-11 and this occurred? Or your wife? Would you let them help themselves to her purse?
    I would start pepperspraying big time. I just ordered some of the pepperspray with the green dye so perpetrators can be easily identified. I used to carry one can. Now I carry back up cans in my backpack.
    A man's life, liberty, and property are only safe when the legislature is NOT in session. Will Rogers

5. You start pepper spraying in an enclosed area like that store and your costs will be much higher then the items that were stolen.
    So it's really up to you, let them go or spend a few days with the store closed for clean up and lots of contaminated merchandise in the trash.

Quote Originally Posted by pafindr View Post
    You start pepper spraying in an enclosed area like that store and your costs will be much higher then the items that were stolen.
    So it's really up to you, let them go or spend a few days with the store closed for clean up and lots of contaminated merchandise in the trash.
    Spoken like a true "compromiser". Just let them have their fun. Just let them go. "Boys being boys!"

If one is to have a relatively decent society, a society whose worst tendencies are contained by Law, if not by common decency and manners, this sort of thing must NOT be allowed to stand unchallanged. There is no "compromise" here. There is either a decent society or there is anarchy.

The really bad part? I suspect there will have to be a "Kent State" incident occur before the thugees "get the picture" that there really CAN be a down side to their counter civil behavior. Should such incident occur, bad for them (not that I would care much about them) and bad for the US.... as it would only bring us one step closer to a "Police State".

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

7. Quote Originally Posted by Grognard Gunny View Post
    Spoken like a true "compromiser". Just let them have their fun. Just let them go. "Boys being boys!"

If one is to have a relatively decent society, a society whose worst tendencies are contained by Law, if not by common decency and manners, this sort of thing must NOT be allowed to stand unchallanged. There is no "compromise" here. There is either a decent society or there is anarchy.

The really bad part? I suspect there will have to be a "Kent State" incident occur before the thugees "get the picture" that there really CAN be a down side to their counter civil behavior. Should such incident occur, bad for them (not that I would care much about them) and bad for the US.... as it would only bring us one step closer to a "Police State".

GG
    At what point did I even suggest to "just let them go"? Maybe you shouldn't put words in my mouth.

Pepper spraying the whole place won't leave you with much. The vermin would run off (coughing and crying) and the police will still say that they can't tell who did what in the video. Then you would be left with nothing but clean up and damaged goods.
    If you are going to do something it should be something that would leave a very negative message to the vermin.

I liked the Idea about a locking door and pepper spray with dye.

9. Quote Originally Posted by pafindr View Post
    At what point did I even suggest to "just let them go"? Maybe you shouldn't put words in my mouth.

Pepper spraying the whole place won't leave you with much. The vermin would run off (coughing and crying) and the police will still say that they can't tell who did what in the video. Then you would be left with nothing but clean up and damaged goods.
    If you are going to do something it should be something that would leave a very negative message to the vermin.
    Why not just spank them one by one as they peacefully walk out the door? How about getting their phone numbers so their parents can be contacted? Why not just give them the stuff so they don't have to take it...then it won't be stealing. Good grief son, think.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

10. Quote Originally Posted by wooddoctor View Post
    Why not just spank them one by one as they peacefully walk out the door? How about getting their phone numbers so their parents can be contacted? Why not just give them the stuff so they don't have to take it...then it won't be stealing. Good grief son, think.
    Wow, do you really think that spanking them would leave a very negative message? Do you think contacting their parents, you know the ones that raised them to act this way, would do anything? I know I wouldn't just give them the stuff but if that's what you think you should do then go for it.
    You should try thinking bigger I know I would. Good grief pops, think.

Put words in my mouth and I will do the same to you. The level of respect you show me is the same level I show you.

Pretty simple solution, at least by law in my state. Your allowed to use physical force to protect your property, if one fights back, dont be a chicken and whip em. If more than one tries to fight you, start shooting. By law THEY escalated it to the point of deadly force being allowed.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast