**Flash Mob** - Page 9
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: **Flash Mob**

Quote Originally Posted by MIL-SPEC 45 View Post
    I wouldn't do a thing the law wouldn't be on my side!!!!! Its not worth the fight hell have at it these places have INSURANCE morons!!!!!!
    ... and who, pray tell, pays for the cost of business insurance in the long run, my rather limited intelligenced dim wit? Think it through, now. Careful, don't bust a blood vessel....

... and another "85" heard from.

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

Quote Originally Posted by Grognard Gunny:222277
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    What would you do as another customer if this happened in the store you were in?

who would stand up for what is right and confront them? Who believes its not their problem, and have no duty?
    Try to stay out of the way. If, however, the "mob" tried to turn on me or mine....... show time!

GG
    How long do we as a society stand by and watch wrong flourish, until we do become completely policed?

I can only hope that I would be on the jury when the store owner goes on trial for application of deadly force. I dont know about everyone else but if I am in the store as a owner, when they break out my windows, I would feel that my life is threatened. If the police cant or wont protect me, then I would be forced to protect myself.
    Due to the increased cost of Ammunition I will be forced to discontinue warning shots as of now! USAF Chief Master Sergeant, Retired, 1979-2005

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    How long do we as a society stand by and watch wrong flourish, until we do become completely policed?
    Just as long as the criteria for "deadly force" is coupled to personal bodily harm. I HAVE to obey the ROE, the BGs never do.

Once upon a time I was paid to "defend" one and all at Government descretion. Damn near got me killed a couple of times. Now that I have a rather limited number of scenarios in which I would feel obligated to go into "Battle Mode" over...... I call that "freedom of choice" with a bit of self preservaton thrown in for good measure.

Like I said, they don't come after me..... it is outside of my realm of concern. Come after me..... different ball game. I WILL be a "good witness" for the follow up, if any, however.

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

The rise of flash mob criminals tells me I need to carry more spare mags.

Quote Originally Posted by lshiry View Post
    The rise of flash mob criminals tells me I need to carry more spare mags.
    Activate the lightning field and fire the cannons.

Flash Mob?? LOL, how cool would it be have auto locking doors, a flashbang, tear gas, then a auto paintgun with hardened paintballs. I mean, some of these prisons use rubber bullets in their shotguns, why not hardened paintballs. anyone stands up, BAM! all while 911 is notified. (some group would probably call that cruel and unusual punishment though).

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    Activate the lightning field and fire the cannons.
    Ming! You're back!

Quote Originally Posted by swsd40 View Post
    Flash Mob?? LOL, how cool would it be have auto locking doors, a flashbang, tear gas, then a auto paintgun with hardened paintballs. I mean, some of these prisons use rubber bullets in their shotguns, why not hardened paintballs. anyone stands up, BAM! all while 911 is notified. (some group would probably call that cruel and unusual punishment though).
    Unusual yes. Cruel? Nah! The flashbang I think would be the most fun! But having 20 or 30 mobbers running into each other and everything else in the store could cause a lot of dammage that I as the store owner would have to clean up. But the reaction would be worth it!

11. The problem with "flash mobs" is that they are called "flash" because they are spontaneous by way of the various social sites that are accessible by the new mobile phones. They are called "mobs" because they are a bunch of young people who have nothing else to do but "have fun". They get the mob attitude and don't pay attention to the criminality of their actions. But for the most part they are juveniles or young (?)adults who have never been taught any better and who are not mature yet. They were allowed as young kids (12 to 16) and in some cases younger who hung around the malls with others of like kind with nothing to do and no supervision by parents. Often times their actions amount only to shop lifting or purse snatching and mostly minor misdemeanors. Would you pull your weapon under those circumstances? Not likely. But these mobs lead to other more volital(sp) mobs who are young punks with criminal backgrounds whose purpose is to steal, maim and otherwise cause harm to as many citizens as they can just for the fun of it or in other cases mobs of young blacks attacking whites, asians and latinos as a racial attack. (Most black adults do not support this activity and are vocal againist it). Would you pull your weapoon under those circumstances? So would I! It's a fine line so be sure of yourself and your actions. JMHO [Don't bang me with accusations of racial noises. I am not racial but I've witnessed a lot of these mobs over thirty-five years as a LEO.]
    Last edited by old codger; 09-11-2011 at 05:46 PM. Reason: spelling

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast