What's your plan.... - Page 10
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 147

Thread: What's your plan....

  1. #91
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    ARIZONA
    Posts
    8,673
    Quote Originally Posted by NCGunDude View Post
    SFC, agreed and it's going to get a lot uglier before it gets any better. I'll settle for just not getting any uglier.
    Remember you're telling me about "facts", "ignorance", and that "the truth is God's revealed word"? If you believe God's word as I presume, then you know it's not going to get any better,quite to the contrary. You can't find one single verse in the Bible that says anything will get better. For the Lord Himself said that in this Last Generation things will only "wax worse & worse".
    ~ Truth Is Hate To Those Who Hate The Truth ~

  2.   
  3. Ringo,

    I've recently stated to a colleague at work discussing preps, "I'm a christian first and foremost, and I hope that Christ returns before it gets too bad", only because if the Devil has his way, it will be hell.

    The Devil knows the truth of God's word, he quoted God a number of times in tricking Eve and tempting Christ, the only two people to whom he's shown himself in person.

    What doe's God say about the truth and devil? "Thou believest that God is one; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and shudder." (James 2:19 ESV)

    You're correct that we live in a crooked and perverse generation (Acts 2:14) and that evil men will wax worse and worse in the last days (2 Tim 3:13), however, in the context of 2 Tim, God contrasts the characteristics of evil men, with that of men who believe God, "that the man of God may be competent, equipped for every good work." (2 Tim 3:17) and by contrast, overcome evil men.

    There are many times, Jesus Christ himself said "fear not", so while I agree with you about what self professed Christians do, none of us is perfect. But, we have a perfect example in Christ, and we encourage one another to uphold the high standard and high calling of Christ.

    We have the hope of the return of Christ, his second coming. In the meantime, I believe for the best and prepare for the worst, because, we don't know when Christ will return, but we know for a certainty he will, so does the Devil.

    All of the events that are occurring, since just before 2000, with droughts, rolling brown outs, the dot com recession, just as we were beginning to recover from the recession, the 9/11 attacks (false flag?), 2008 global financial crisis, fukushima, earthquakes, tornadoes, hurricanes, all of these things, some man made, some not, I believe they are part of a conspiracy to destroy the truth, indeed as there has been since Lucifer rebelled in heaven, and that there is a main conspirator, the Devil.

    It seems to me events are unfolding more quickly, facilitated by technology, however, the word of truth can be disseminated more quickly, as well. So, while it is a fact that we live in interesting times, and it can be fearful, we can take comfort in the 23rd Psalm, and a well built, American made, Smith and Wesson, Colt, Browning, or any of a host of reliable firarms, and the readiness, willingness, and ability to use them in defense of our families and loved ones. Let the enemy fear that.

  4. Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    Remember you're telling me about "facts", "ignorance", and that "the truth is God's revealed word"? If you believe God's word as I presume, then you know it's not going to get any better,quite to the contrary. You can't find one single verse in the Bible that says anything will get better. For the Lord Himself said that in this Last Generation things will only "wax worse & worse".
    No matter how bad things appear, God is always able to deliver to the utmost and blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord.

    It's only up to our believing, individually and as a nation, which determines our fate, not chance or a roll of the dice.

    If you don't believe it, just ask Israel, or read the bible. There's ten thousand years of human history there.

  5. #94
    If it comes down to it, I'd sure rather be fightin' the devil than fightin' God.
    "When war does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard."
    Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

  6. #95
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    ARIZONA
    Posts
    8,673
    Quote Originally Posted by NCGunDude View Post
    Ringo,
    You're correct that we live in a crooked and perverse generation (Acts 2:14) and that evil men will wax worse and worse in the last days (2 Tim 3:13)
    We have the hope of the return of Christ, his second coming. In the meantime, I believe for the best and prepare for the worst, because, we don't know when Christ will return, but we know for a certainty he will, so does the Devil.
    Our hope is not in the second coming of Christ, but in the "blessed hope" referencing the Rapture. Our Lord doesn't speak to us about "survival" in the Last Days, He speaks to us of "escape". Luke 21:36.."Be alert at all times, and pray always, that you may be counted worthy to ESCAPE (Rapture) ALL these things that will come to pass, and to stand before the Son of Man". No man knows the day or the hour of the Rapture, however we certainly know when Christ will return at His second coming. Knowing that the 7 years of Tribulation (70th week of Daniel) will begin when the anti-Christ signs the Middle East Treaty with Israel, all one must do is count 7 years from that day, or 3-1/2 years from the day the anti-christ desecrates the new temple in Jerusalem (middle of the tribulation)to know the exact day of His second coming.

    I know that Jesus doesn't lie, He means what He says, and says what He means. What "truth" is it that I told you that scares both Christians & unbelievers? What scripture does our Lord state specifically that He is telling the "truth" and it is "certain", meaning unquestionable? In Matthew 24:32-34 Jesus makes it very clear that when Israel (Fig tree) becomes a nation once again in the Last Days (1948),this will be the Last Generation... "I tell you the "truth", this generation will "certainly" not pass away until ALL these things have happened". ALL things include the Rapture, the 7 years of Tribulation ending with Armageddon, and the second coming. Israel was re-born as a nation in 1948, therefor the Last Generation was born in 1948. God's final revelation of the years of a mans life is "three score & ten" (70 years/generation). Do the math, 1948 + 70 years= 2018. Subtract 7 years of Tribulation and you get 2011.

    Any way you do the math, if you believe that our Lord doesn't lie, mislead, or deceive, 2012 will be the beginning of the end of life as we know it. The end of the book has been written and no amount of praying will change it,today is the day of salvation, not tomorrow. Israel is God's timepiece, not America or the world, just Israel. My comfort is the truth of the "Blessed Hope", not in my firearms or preparing for some scenario contrived by the mind of man. The Lord has prepared for me to "escape" all these things that will certainly happen. Get "your" facts straight.
    ~ Truth Is Hate To Those Who Hate The Truth ~

  7. Seems the thread has diverted OT a bit. (no complaints here though! I'm thankful I don't need to worry about planning on hunkering down for 7 years!)

  8. Quote Originally Posted by BeauRyker View Post
    If it comes down to it, I'd sure rather be fightin' the devil than fightin' God.
    Amen, brother Ryker, amen!

  9. Quote Originally Posted by cougaram View Post
    Seems the thread has diverted OT a bit. (no complaints here though! I'm thankful I don't need to worry about planning on hunkering down for 7 years!)

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    Our hope is not in the second coming of Christ, but in the "blessed hope" referencing the Rapture.
    I call it Hope, you call it Blessed Hope. I say second coming of Christ, you say Rapture. We're talking about the same thing.

    I prefer to use words the way the bible using them, and in that respect, I do have my facts straight and thank you for the admonishment, lest we forget.

    How does all of this apply to the original topic? Let's see, we all want to be on the side of righteousness and truth, right? Jesus says to render unto ceasar that which is due ceasar, and unto God the things that are of God. Disobeying an illegal order is the right thing to do, anyone would agree, so even where the government to attempt confiscation of personal property without due process, it would be illegal.

    "As it is written,

    "For your sake we are being killed all the day long;
    we are regarded as sheep to be slaughtered."

    No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us." (Romans 8:36-37 ESV)

    What a striking example Paul was to his followers. Jesus endured more than any man who ever lived, or ever will live. None of us has ever had to endure the kind of persecution which even Paul endured. Not is peacetime, anyway.

    Yet, even the disciples of Christ were armed. Peter cut the ear off of one of the temple soldiers sent to arrest Jesus, and Jesus healed that man's ear.

    We are not counted as sheep for the slaughter, but if we give up our arms, we would be. Therefore, I would consider it an act of civil disobedience to refuse to follow an unconstitutional order to surrender my firearms.

    You've probably heard this story, Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Freedom is a well armed sheep contesting the vote! Our system of government was formed to protect our freedom. If government fails, we can always form another one. If we lose our freedom, I suppose we could regain it, but at what cost?

    The world doesn't owe anyone a living, yet there are those who feel entitled to what others have worked for. The time is coming when it will have to be taken by force, because no one is going to willingly hand over the fruits of their own labor, when they themselves need it to survive. It's not possible, mathematically anyway, for our government to meet all of it's obligations, and when it is no longer able, it will default on those obligations. So what, I don't depend on the government to survive. Yet many do, and more. There are many who depend on the government, and the force of government to not only survive, but enrich themselves, to the detrimenet of all.

    With one five families on federal food assistance, our nation is in crisis. But, I don't hear Obama talking about what a disaster our economy has become, or talk about how to get people off food stamps. The answer is put them to work, but crony capitalism has sent our jobs overseas.

    We need a president who will stand up to these idiots in Washington, who have screwed up a perfectly good country in the name of corporate profit. The last time I checked, the constitutional role of government was to promote the general welfare, not corporate profit. The pursuit of profit conflicts with general welfare, or wealth, by concentrating wealth in the hands of a few, not the more.

    We need elected officials who will stand up to the corporate way of doing things, and call these wolves in sheep clothing out for what they are.

    We need men and women to stand up for what is right, to offer a hand, not a hand out.

    We need to return this country to the principles upon which is was founded, rugged individualism, not corporate elitism.

    Do you want to know why the deficit is so high? In 1980, the year Ronald Reagan took office, corporations paid about half of the federal tax receipts. Since then, lobbyists have convinced Congress to reduce the amount of taxes they pay to about 5% of tax receipts. The rest is made up by deficit spending.

    You can call the last 30 years the "Rise of the Corporation". Illuminists call it "the company", and the war of this century will be against such as these.

  11. #100
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Posts
    1,207
    Blog Entries
    1
    ...Do those squirrels on my deck have little camera's on them? Why are they looking at me?
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast