What's your plan.... - Page 5
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your plan....

Sorry someone broke in my home and stole them. I was afraid to tell the police, cuz the bad guys might come get me!
    Crime has no boundaries - Carry Safe!

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    Unfortunately these are not half-baked notions. There has been a move afoot for years through the UN to disarm everyone. The Secretary of State and POTUS have signed off on it and it actually can come to pass.
    Someone may want to check me on this but I don't believe the President can enter into any treaty that violates the constitutional rights of American citizens. He would first have to declare the second amendment defunct through a supreme court ruling. Our form of government was set up to prevent the president from becoming a dictator. Americans would never allow a political party to trample their inalienable rights. Any party that supported sch a plan would find themselves relegated to the curb by the voters. Remember, there are a lot of Democrats and liberals who are avid sportmen. Some people who may be liberals merely have liberal views when it comes to health care, immigration or social causes but support our constitutional rights. What do you call a liberal with a CCW permit? An independent.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    Someone may want to check me on this but I don't believe the President can enter into any treaty that violates the constitutional rights of American citizens. He would first have to declare the second amendment defunct through a supreme court ruling. Our form of government was set up to prevent the president from becoming a dictator. Americans would never allow a political party to trample their inalienable rights. Any party that supported sch a plan would find themselves relegated to the curb by the voters. Remember, there are a lot of Democrats and liberals who are avid sportmen. Some people who may be liberals merely have liberal views when it comes to health care, immigration or social causes but support our constitutional rights. What do you call a liberal with a CCW permit? An independent.
    Why do you think I'm getting so frustrated by my choices in the upcoming election? I'm legislatively opposed to most Democrats, and morally opposed to most Republicans.

At any rate, there are so many firearms owners in this country, and I don't know a single one of them who would just willingly give up their guns if asked. I have a feeling that if it really came down to something like actual confiscation, you'd see a lot of caching, and waiting, then organizing and uprising.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare45:220976
    Answer again, come and take it, be willing to die trying as I am willing to die keeping my weapons. Every country that has taken weapons from the people control the people. Obama forgets this goverenment of the people, he has no respect for America, has shown it through his associations.
    I believe this is the attitude that will win. I too am willing to die for my rights and for my freedom. if all gun owners aimed a shotgun at the person trying to confiscate, they would eventually have to send an army. You are not a good guy once you decide the current government is more important than the citizens. How many people are they willing to send to their graves to try and take our guns?

What happened in katrina happened because it seemed the citizens gave up, or weren't ready. What would have happened if they lost 10 officers and 10 civilians, every 15 houses, because the people said "no, they are mine, they are keeping me safe, if you come in here you will die." I would think they would stop confiscating pretty quick.

Watch the Switzerland video just for the end. He makes a good point about the women in the museum. I will fight til my heart stops beating before I become a victim.

I worry that they might try, but...

I bet that they might try to pass legislation to RESTRICT guns, ammo, magazines, blah, blah, blah.
    I'm not sure how good the chances of passing the legislation really are, but I agree that it will be near impossible to enforce.
    Ammo will become difficult to get and very expensive, yes. We've already seen ammo shortages. The good thing is that like before, the manufacturers will go into production 24/7 until the legislation becomes effective. I would guess that they are prepared for that. Even then, the black market will thrive, just like illegal drugs.
    Shooting ranges will probably be closed, eventually, because nobody can get ammo and afford to shoot, and therefore, with no customers, they might go out of business, unfortunately.
    Magazines will be restricted, but there are so many already out there and not registered, that it would be nearly impossible to collect them all. The black market will thrive.
    Parts will become difficult to get, however will still be available for a while, anyway. The black market will thrive.
    Will Law Enforcement back this move. Maybe and maybe not. I think it would depend on the officer.
    Will the military personnel back the new laws and confiscations? Probably not, but it's tough to accurately predict this kind of thing. I believe that many would refuse to disarm the public, but not all. It might depend on the individual soldiers. I bet they wouldn't want to make this country vulnerable to possible dictatorships- after all, we are their primary backers.
    Will people like us turn our guns and related stuff in? You know the answer to that....of course.
    Would legislation work? Of course not. Laws only apply to law-abiding citizens (sheeple). The general population will become easy targets for criminals. Laws will never apply to criminals, as they are not law-abiding people to begin with. Criminals will be the only people who remain armed, crime will increase exponentially (just like UK, Australia, Germany, etc, etc.). The unarmed liberals will likely be the first people killed off by the criminals. Charles Darwin was absolutely correct with Evolution and Natural Selection. Those unable to survive on their own, will not survive. The laws will (effectively) thin out the population who are not fit to survive.
    Will there be a civil war? Again, hard to predict.
    There's my opinion- the short version, anyway.....take it for what it's worth....

Quote Originally Posted by rdc2co View Post
    Will Law Enforcement back this move. Maybe and maybe not.
    Where I live, the Chief and the Sheriff will both join me on my porch gun in hand. If they try this, they'd better come to Texas last.

To do this would be a long drawn out process. Way too long for any one administration to carry it out. Whoever started it, would never get the chance to finish it.
    Now if they did try to rush it, that's when the SWHTF in a big way.
    "When war does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard."
    Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

I think my "plan" might involve going to visit my USACarry friends. oldgrunt, Gunny, Navy, BC1, and a few others come immediately to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by localgirl View Post
    I think my "plan" might involve going to visit my USACarry friends. oldgrunt, Gunny, Navy, BC1, and a few others come immediately to mind.

Oh that's right..........you don't like me.
    "When war does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard."
    Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by BeauRyker View Post
    Oh that's right..........you don't like me.
    I think I probably just haven't read a lot of your "cold, dead hands" posts. Then again, I see you are from Texas. Consider yourself part of the plan.

Quote Originally Posted by localgirl View Post
    Why do you think I'm getting so frustrated by my choices in the upcoming election? I'm legislatively opposed to most Democrats, and morally opposed to most Republicans.
    Exactly how I feel. I think when it comes down to it most people are somewhere in the middle on the issues.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast