What's your plan.... - Page 6
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your plan....

Guns......What guns? I don't have any guns!

Quote Originally Posted by localgirl View Post
    I think my "plan" might involve going to visit my USACarry friends. oldgrunt, Gunny, Navy, BC1, and a few others come immediately to mind.
    Sounds like a budding "militia" here! Better watch out, "Dammit Janet" and the HSD will "tag" us as "homegrown terrorists" pretty soon. (Apparently defined by Democrats as anyone who has the audacity to criticise the "Obamanation".)

On the other hand, while much has been made about the "mititia" clause in the 2nd Ammendment, generally by the battery of "anti" Lawyers....., push comes to shove, there is a distinct possibility that the Government just might get a very clear demonstration of exactly WHO the militia really are!

It will be at that time we will discover if our current military are real Patriots, dedicated to the defence and preservation of the Constitution, per "Oath", or are just Government paid mercenaries. I believe it would come down to a "split" decision and things could get really ugly.

But, it is all conjecture. I believe that local authorities will be more than happy to "enlist" the aid of solid citizen gun owners to help restore law and order, should our society find itself fiscally distressed to the point of widespread rioting and disorder.

Again, it will be a demonstration of the "militia" rising to retain the trappings of a civilized and ordered society.

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

4. Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    The issue of gun control is actually moving in favor of the will of the people, not toward some grand conspiracy of confiscation.
    Because it's a state's rights issue, as you stated, not a federal issue, which is where the crux of our current global financial crisis lays, and why some people I know are opposed to federal gun laws altogether.

Apparently, "shall not be infringed" doesn't mean the same thing it used to.

5. Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    Someone may want to check me on this but I don't believe the President can enter into any treaty that violates the constitutional rights of American citizens.
    It also has to be ratified by congress.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    Unfortunately these are not half-baked notions. There has been a move afoot for years through the UN to disarm everyone. The Secretary of State and POTUS have signed off on it and it actually can come to pass. England and Australia have taken up weapons from their citizens and they will try the same thing here. Not everyone in this country will bow down to such tyranny but, as mentioned in a previous post, you will only be able to use your weapon once. Then your butt will be carted off to jail as was the man in England who shot and killed a BG breaking into his home. It is strictly forbidden for the British to possess a gun, even for self-defense. There was more uproar over him having a shotgun than saving his life. He was vilified while the BG was made out to be a good old boy rather than a criminal. It definitely can happen so rather than think it to be a half-baked notion, you should be making your contingency plans for when it happens.
    And yet, somehow, millions of american gun owners are going to quietly hand over their weapons? I don't think so. Using Australia or England as an example is a false argument as neither of these is a constitutional republic. They don't have the firearms history that the US has. They don't even have the "American mindset" that we have in this country. There is no way that I can see this happening in MY lifetime. The government can't even agree on balanciog their budget, let alone something as emotionally charged as taking firearms away from US citizens.

The UN? Don't make me laugh. when has the UN EVER been an effective group without US military support? Also, The US constitution trumps any UN resolution. It may be signed by the POTUS, but US law still takes precedence. The UN couldn't enforce such a thing.

All that being said, we should always remain vigilant, and never let the government attempt to take away our rights. When these things come up in Congress (as they periodically do) everyone should write, call, demonstrate, and refuse to let our "representatives" go against our wishes. There are millions and millions of gun owners in this country who feel very strongly about their 2A rights. They (we, I) would not let something like this come to pass. The pessimists in the group may think that Americans will sit idly by and let it happen. I, for one, have more faith in the American spirit. I've seen it in action.

fight a legal fight til they kick in my door.

Quote Originally Posted by localgirl View Post
    I think my "plan" might involve going to visit my USACarry friends. oldgrunt, Gunny, Navy, BC1, and a few others come immediately to mind.
    I'm coming too. Will cover your 6 for food.
    Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress;
    but I repeat myself.
    Mark Twain

I want to see what happens when they go to the Hell's Angels, Mongols and those groups telling them " give us your guns".

Quote Originally Posted by Brine0 View Post
    Hey bc1 do you sell on gunbroker?
    My 2 cents..... sign up and sell away.... be advised for firearms you still have to go through a FFL, at your end and at the buyer's end.

GG

Quote Originally Posted by NCGunDude View Post
    It also has to be ratified by congress.
    Just the Senate. Treaties are "chopped off" by the Senate... comes from the days when the Senate were actually representatives of the State Governments rather than another "People's House" with wider constituencies, as present.

I have always thought that reverting election/appointment of Senators to the State Governments would go a long way toward reaffirming the 10th Ammendment. (In sore need of reaffirming, IMHO.)

GG

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast