.357 sig vs .40 s&w?

Thread: .357 sig vs .40 s&w?

.357 sig vs .40 s&w?

Does anyone know from experience how the recoil of a .357 sig compares to that of a .40 s&w? (comparing apples to apples of course, similar sized pistols) i've shot a few. 40 cal's and find them to be very unpleasant to shoot personally. i've never shot a .357 sig, but really like the ballistic ratings on them, so i'm wondering how they feel to shoot. currently, i carry 9mm most of the time, and .380 when i need deeper concealment.

I carry a Glock 23 .40 cal and find the recoil completely manageable, especially with the new 2nd recoil spring on the Gen4. My cousin's .357 Sig is comparable. Here's the funny thing: I've shot my Glock .40 and my friend's S&W Bodyguard.380 side-by-side at the range and found the .380 harder to handle due to its size, even with the grip extender mag. The size and weight of the .40 and .357 make the grip more sure than the smaller pocket-pistol.

That's just my experience. If you're already carrying a .9 and you're comfortable with it, that's probably your best bet. Better to carry with confidence than wonder if you're a big fan of the load in your chamber.

There generaly is les felt recoil in a 357 sig vs a 40, in the same type gun, but yea I know theres always a But, I really depends on the gun in question, and the exact bullit load, and weight, they both would make very good carry weapons the deciding factor for us, was the cost of the ammo, my wife and I shoot a lot, and 357 stuff is twice what 40 is even at Wally World

5. From my experience they are pretty similar with standard loads. If you use hot loads in the .357 it can be a handful. If you have trouble with the .40 I wouldn't suggest going to the .357.

i can shoot .40 fine, it's just unpleasant. i intend to stick with my 9, but may 1 day consider something larger and with higher mag capacity (i carry a kahr pm9, which is a 6+1 single stack) just to have really. i was wondering between glock 27 or glock 33 if there'd much difference in recoil. maybe glock 30 (45acp) would a good way to go instead...

7. If you find the .40's recoil to be "very unpleasant", I believe you'll find the Sig's recoil to be fairly unpleasant.

Since I'm a big guy with meaty hands, the recoil of the Sig is not bothersome. But it does have a little more snap than a 9mm.

The only thing I dislike about my Sig is the price of the ammo.

Duke

that helps, thanks all

I have a Beretta px4 storm 3 INCH BARREL and find it to have a slightly less kick then my revolver but of course my revolver has a 6 inch barrel and is also .45acp, i see very litte difference between the .40 and .45 now 9mm to me is like a 38sp maybe less to me. JUST MY 2 CENTS.