My Glock 30 has been dropped several times - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Glock 30 has been dropped several times

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker's Mom View Post
    I really like your response until the last sentence. Ugh!
    How about "re-blued"?! ...Talk'n glock, right?
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

3. Does a constant flow of margarine flow through you veins.

I dropped my S&W mod. 36 as it slipped and fell out of a uncle mike ibw holster heading towards the rest room at a home depot. No one saw what happened but I sure felt like a putz. A good holster is important after all Audie Murphy never dropped his.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

Haven't droped one yet.. and don't plan on it either. Been carrying for over 10 years.
    If you can't hang on to it.. maybe just leave it at home.

I totally agree with the guys who say get a good holster and a kydex lined gun belt. It doesn't make sense to spend $500 and up on a carry gun, and then cheap out on the carry gear. Without a good rig, your gun will be moving around and not be where you expect it to be when you need it. Also, if your rig is not comfortable, you will be patting and adjusting your gun all day, which aside from being a pain in the butt, it will be like wearing a neon sign that says,"I'm carrying a gun."
    I fell and broke a piece off the top of my shin bone the size of a hockey puck. My G36 popped out of the holster and went cartwheeling down the floor 10 feet from where I fell. If that didn't make it go bang, or break it, it ought to be good for the occasional ding.
    Safety is very important, but if someone tell you that he carries a lot and his gun is pristine, It's either a new, newly refinished gun, or BS. Nobody is perfect.
    War to the Knife, Knife to the hilt.
    If we don't want to live in a trashy area, we all have to be willing to help pick up the trash.

6. Quote Originally Posted by fudo View Post
    I totally agree with the guys who say get a good holster and a kydex lined gun belt. It doesn't make sense to spend $500 and up on a carry gun, and then cheap out on the carry gear. Without a good rig, your gun will be moving around and not be where you expect it to be when you need it. Also, if your rig is not comfortable, you will be patting and adjusting your gun all day, which aside from being a pain in the butt, it will be like wearing a neon sign that says,"I'm carrying a gun."
    I fell and broke a piece off the top of my shin bone the size of a hockey puck. My G36 popped out of the holster and went cartwheeling down the floor 10 feet from where I fell. If that didn't make it go bang, or break it, it ought to be good for the occasional ding.
    Safety is very important, but if someone tell you that he carries a lot and his gun is pristine, It's either a new, newly refinished gun, or BS. Nobody is perfect.
    It's my understand that if you pop a few rounds into your assailant, you will never get your gun back. Make sense to make to keep the nice Jewelry locked up.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

Quote Originally Posted by wooddoctor View Post
    It's my understand that if you pop a few rounds into your assailant, you will never get your gun back. Make sense to make to keep the nice Jewelry locked up.
    I don't know about never getting it back, but you might as well kiss it goodbuy for at least 2 or 3 years,.............this is exactly why I carry one of the Glocks, instead of the Springfield or Sig

Quote Originally Posted by wooddoctor;222475[B
    ]It's my understand that if you pop a few rounds into your assailant, you will never get your gun back.[/B] Make sense to make to keep the nice Jewelry locked up.
    Unfortunately, that is more than likely.
    War to the Knife, Knife to the hilt.
    If we don't want to live in a trashy area, we all have to be willing to help pick up the trash.

while in the Navy I dropped my pistol in the training location from a helicopter at 35 feet ! the only concern was the impact BUT worked flawless for the remainder of my 20 years,it hit water,rocks,people, ect.....
    A Body Piercing
    Saved My Life
    <(((><

10. Sure they have man! But this is like prime pickings for the type of guy that feels better by putting others down instead of lifting others up! Don't worry about it the Glock can take a licking as they say and most def keep ticking. I dont know why but it seems that some people the more they know about guns the less social skills they posses.

JSDinTexas Guest
    When Gaston Glock invented the gun he demonstrated its drop safety feature by throwing it out of a plane at 5000 ft onto a concrete pad numerous times. Nothing happened except it chipped the concrete.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast