My Glock 30 has been dropped several times
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My Glock 30 has been dropped several times

1. My Glock 30 has been dropped several times

I just wanted some input on this. I have dropped my Glock 30 several times. First I am concerned this may damage the internal mechanisms. Also it has had damage to the slide on the corners. Is it normal to have this type of wear and tear on your firearm. Please note every time it has been dropped it was in a holster. I just want some input.. Maybe I am just a little obsessive about the look of it?

It should be fine.
    War to the Knife, Knife to the hilt.
    If we don't want to live in a trashy area, we all have to be willing to help pick up the trash.

4. Fudo Thank you

Have you had the same thing happen? Just on the corners of the slide you can see some bare metal from hitting concrete

It happens occasionally, my G36 has been through a lot more
    War to the Knife, Knife to the hilt.
    If we don't want to live in a trashy area, we all have to be willing to help pick up the trash.

6. Fudo

So they are built to with stand that type of punishment?

Get a better holster
    http://www.change.org/petitions/self...tate-residents
    NRA Life Member, SCOPE,SAF Join up!

Get a grip!

Seriously, though...get a better holster, and BE MORE CAREFUL with that thing. I don't care if it was in a holster or in your hand when it was dropped. YOU are the one responsible for where your firearm is, and what it's doing. Without your action, the firearm is an inert chunk of metal that does nothing. I know that most modern firearms are engineered to be safer and withstand a good deal of punishment - but frequent dropping is just negligence, and unsafe.

I doubt the internal mechanisms are damaged; think of the forces exerted and withstood each and every time you fire the thing. If the function isn't right or if you're worried - take it to a gunsmith and have it checked out. Yes, it costs...but how much is your peace of mind worth?

As for the external - you can get it re-blued, or just oil the bare spot a little extra. Those first few dents and dings on a work gun are the worst to get over. Much like the first few dents and dings in your new car.
    S&W M&P 45; Ruger GP100 .357 Magnum; Charter Arms .38 Undercover
    http://www.usacarry.com/forums/members/phillip-gain-albums-phil-s-photos-picture3828-reciprocity-map-29jun11.JPG

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    Dropped your Glock 30, you say, several times. With all due respect, please, and with a note of concern, I'd recommend that all your guns be placed into the safe before you go on drinking binges.
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

11. Dropped

When I say it has been dropped several times it has been over the period of me owning the firearm...it was not within a few days. Has no one else ever dropped there firearm?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast