Right To Carry vs Going Armed to the Terror of the People - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Right To Carry vs Going Armed to the Terror of the People

1. Quote Originally Posted by pafindr View Post
    Come on down to FL. We don't have any jobs but there are only a few places we can't carry concealed.
    For instance;
    Government buildings or building being used for Government business.
    Schools.
    Airports or seaports.
    Bars or bar areas of restaurants.
    There are private properties where they don't want you to carry but we don't have to do business with them.
    Florida IS one of the MAJOR places where the public is terrified at the sight of a gun... at least that's what the legislature says...

I am very happy we don't have such problems in Washington state.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Welcome to Texas just leave your tax your state to death attitude and your liberal attitude at home, oh wait sorry you want to carry arms, must not be liberal.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefpropellerhead View Post
    I have not heard of "Right to carry vs going armed to the terror of the people". Where did that come from? What terrifies me is that our government may allow our 2nd amendment rights to be destroyed to the point that it is considered unlawful to have weapons of any kind. I guess it is ok for our families to be terrorized by thugs and folks who have no regard for the sanctity of our homes? That makes me angry to think of this.
    Do not forget that you and I are the Gov't. not the elected servants. We allowed it to get to this point and now we have begun to turn back our trusting ways back to overseeing our servants.
    The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Florida IS one of the MAJOR places where the public is terrified at the sight of a gun... at least that's what the legislature says...

I am very happy we don't have such problems in Washington state.
    No most have been conditioned to be frightened by our former Janet Reno, once again our own fault for trusting our elected servants and not overseeing them.
    The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by fudo View Post
    Does the sight of my gun upset you? Have a hanky.
    (not my saying, but oh so appropriate)
    That was another of NavyLCDR's contributions to this site.

7. Quote Originally Posted by pafindr View Post
    Come on down to FL. We don't have any jobs but there are only a few places we can't carry concealed.
    For instance;
    Government buildings or building being used for Government business.
    Schools.
    Airports or seaports.
    Bars or bar areas of restaurants.
    There are private properties where they don't want you to carry but we don't have to do business with them.
    Come on over to Oregon. We have even fewer:
    (The places barred by federal law:) Federal government buildings, post offices, secure area of airports, etc.
    Court rooms (and areas inside court houses that are adjacent to the court room or judge's office - as determined by the judge. Generally this means "the whole court house.")
    Private locations that the owner deems they do not wish guns.

You'll notice that schools and bars are *NOT* on that prohibited list.

And having a Concealed Handgun License allows you to open carry anywhere you can concealed carry, even if it is otherwise prohibited by local statute. (Localities are allowed to prohibit open LOADED carry - unless you have a CHL, then the local laws don't apply to you.)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12